Lions Part Ways With Highly Touted Rookie LB Weeks After Signing Him

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/lions-part-ways-with-highly-touted-rookie-lb-weeks-after-signing-him/ar-BB1nYHYu?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Too bad. Made me think of this guy…

Clint Eastwood Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

always a long shot…

1 Like

Now we know who tattled on the Lions for contact in practices. !!

11 Likes

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

“Highly Touted Rookie LB”

LMAO!!

7 Likes

Wow! I thought he had a real shot.

1 Like

Dean Winchester Gun GIF

2 Likes

So highly touted that he wasn’t drafted.

5 Likes

Trust me when I say I would’ve been absolutely shocked if he made the final roster.

I guess I’m a bit surprised they didn’t take him into camp, but I’m not shocked he’s being let go.

2 Likes

My guess is he showed up not committed or not progressing from coaching…

No turds

4 Likes

Must not have fit their culture.

With $75K guaranteed base, it’s the 3rd highest of the UDFA’s. Pretty significant for an UDFA, but compared to other NFL players, fairly insignificant.

2 Likes

dang was looking forward to see him play for us this season, see what he could do-but since they scrapped him there had to be a good reason for it.

I think they were a little concerned that he would make Barnes look bad so they acted proactively, at least that is what some guy in a cap was telling me. Take it for what it’s worth.

2 Likes

None of us saw him as having a strong shot at making this roster. But why release him now? Doing the player a favor doesn’t feel correct in this case. I think the answer is likely the Lions saw enough.

Either he was late to stuff OR he wasn’t a skill fit. I think it is that simple.

This says to me we would not even want him on our practice squad. Oh well. Good luck Steele.

I think every year there has to be a guy that the coaching staff uses as an example of not being a fit early… You need to show up committed and ready or else. I think there was a DT that was loved last year that made the PS 2 years ago but was cut early last off season to the surprise of everyone.

This would surprise me. Steele had a pretty good reputation at Ohio State for stuff like this.

I just never thought he was that good, which to me explains why he got cut.

1 Like

Exit the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

We’re now lacking a bit in terms of the name game. Is Racey McMath a FA? We should go sign him to compensate.

Somebody around here was hyping him up to make the roster… as a RB.

The cool name must not have been enough.