Lions Place H Hooker on NFI list

As expected.

The Lions also placed tight end Derrick Deese Jr. and defensive lineman Zach Morton on the NFI list today. Morton is an undrafted free agent out of nearby Akron, and he joined the Lions following a 2022 campaign where he compiled 4.5 sacks. Deese spent most of his 2022 rookie season on Detroit’s practice squad before inking a futures contract.

Didn’t this list used to be called PUP? Non Football Injury list? Didn’t Hooker tear his ACL playing football? hmmmmm I’m confused.

1 Like

IIRC, NFI is for injuries that occured in college not the NFL. PUP list is for injuries occured while in the league.

3 Likes

Man you almost have to be a rocket scientist to keep up with all these acronyms. Maybe that’s what Patricia’s pencil was for to write all these down. :smiley:

This is getting to be like guaranteed money vs fully guaranteed money. Oh the player doesn’t get the guaranteed money because it wasn’t fully guaranteed, it was only semi guaranteed.

1 Like

Where does a flying pizza box in-season fall?

2 Likes

I just got off the phone with Nate and he said he was never put on the injured reserve list. Just not activated for games while he recovered.

5 Likes

Part of me still thinks that was a cover story by Burleson. Yes there was a car accident but was it really a pizza related accident!? Texting and driving? Hmmm Remember when Fauria snapped his ankle playing Volleyball on the beach but lied and said he fell down the stairs chasing after his dog.

Maybe he just wanted free Pizza for a year, which he got.

1 Like

He got free pizza for that! Genius.

1 Like

Yeah, you def have your BS antennae out these days! (Youre prolly right on this one though)

2 Likes

Haha sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction though, so maybe he was saving a pizza’s life. It would be more believable if Nate B was an offensive lineman, they would risk their lives for pizza for sure! :smiley:

1 Like

He got free Pizza from Digiorno so he didn’t have to do take out.

I’d rather eat good pizza with a broken arm than eat frozen pizza.

Also you still have to drive to the grocery store to get the frozen pizza. haha I bet they didn’t think about that

ask Nate Burleson…

I retired acronyms along with my career. Be damned if I’ll start anew. So, he’s red shirted, like we all thought… Right?

1 Like

On your floor mat, so obviously why you are still driving try and pick it up and be sure to not look where you are going

#NotTheManNate

SOL was great because it wasnt always football related…

Hit the bong so hard you get your signing bonus clawed back in court, sue your mom and die penniless in the street? SOL

Drive theough Wendy’s naked and drunk AF? SOL

DL- Hungry Howies? SOL

On no! Our draft list ends at 75 guys! Who do we take in Rd 3? (Random Guy from back of room) BRIAN CALHOUN! SOL.

WR goes plum loco? SOL

GM bull rushes podium 15 seconds into your 1st rd pick to take 264 pound WR who sat out a whole year in college? SOL

BOTH inner circle HOF GOATS retire with years of tread left because they just cant SOL anymore? SOL

Your GMs for 60 years get the job while having exactly 0 days of NFL coaching, scouting or leadership or business or administrative experience?
SSSSSSS. OHHHHHHH. ELLLLLLLLLLLL

Pregame GIF by Apple TV+

2 Likes

Patricia’s pencil was there to take Dairy Queen orders, and to jot down ideas for how to drive away the few good players we had.

1 Like

Per the transaction wire, Lions TE Derrick Deese and EDGE Zach Morton passed physicals today.

Sounds like their stint on the NFI list could be very short.

2 Likes

And their stint on the Lions might be even shorter!

1 Like

And a day later, the Lions activated Deese and Morton from NFI list. Not sure what that was about.

PASSED PHYSICAL
DETROIT
Deese, Derrick TE San Jose State
Morton, Zach DE Akron

Only Hendon Hooker on NFI now, curious to see if Levi O (or anyone else) begins the season on PUP. Should find out today.

1 Like