Lions poor tackling

I would hate to say who is my fav Lion. I love so many of our dudes. Truthfully, Campbell, for sure. Many others tied for 2nd after that.

Dizon ran a 4.73 in the 40….
He’s a bit too slow to be drafted by this regime.

Barnes… 4.58
M-Rod…. 4.52

On offense:
J williams is lovable. Aman-Ra is super easy to root for. Sewell is starting to win me over with how punishing he is.
On defense: I used to like Brockers but i think his sun is setting. Amani Oruwariye is fun to watch. I have a feeling Hutch is about to be a fan favorite.

Watch out for Rodriguez as he has fan favorite written all over him and hasn’t stepped on the field yet.

OH yeah and Special teams! Riley Pattersen is awesome. Came in off the street and had a nearly perfect season?!?! Not a huge fan of Fox, mostly because everyone on here is so in love with him, I’ll save my love for other players.

shutup whoremouth GIF by FirstAndMonday

3 Likes

How do I put someone on ignore!? Never done it before, but this is simply too much.

2 Likes

I don’t believe you.

2 Likes

crossing a line

angry no way GIF

1 Like

Yeah let’s be honest, guy is doing the best with what he is as a limited athlete. Seems like a try hard over achiever. Not his fault that the Lions haven’t upgraded that position yet. Probably happens in 2023

1 Like

His RAS score suggests that he is plenty athletic when looking at the 40 time, 10-yard split, SS, and 3-cone.

Is anyone looking at some other metric with him?

Testing numbers are solid just doesn’t show up on film. Maybe I’m blind, I’m actually surprised to see he tested that decent

I think Anzalone will have a good career. He is a solid player. Maybe a lower level starter, very high level backup. But he can play, he can process, he can direct other people, and he can do his job.

A guy like that will always have a spot on the league, and I am very glad he re-signed for this year.

Of course, you want a guy who can beat him out. A player with similar drive and leadership, but with higher level skills. But until you find that guy? You want a guy like this in the LB room.

Is it too bold to view him as similar to to Goff? As in, you can do better, but you can very very definitely do worse at the position.

It’s a rebuilding process, but I’m glad he is a Lion this year.

2 Likes

yup

I sure hope he plays well…that hair is so gorgeous, Big Natty is so jealous.

Alex Anzalone Hair Flip GIF by Detroit Lions

Bro - I’m jealous of his hair like Jack Fox is jealous of his talent.
To me, he looks like Dee Snyder without the curls.
twisted sister GIF

1 Like

@WestCoastLionsFan thanks for posting that link. Great to hear the story about Barnes, but man that was a fantastic speech by Whitworth. And an outstanding delivery.

St Brown, Hutch , Swift , Hock , Jameson W , Fox, Craig Reynolds, Pas, Sewell , Golf mini ha ha ,

1 Like

We’re not going to take it! No! We aint going to take it! We’re not going to take it…anymore!!!

Should be the Lions theme song!

2 Likes

Hard to tackle guys after they have run thru the D line at full speed. Slowing them down would be a big improvement and allow the back 7 to play in a more normal setting.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.