Lions' Post-Draft Stock Watch

these all struck me as rather common sense observations

1 Like

We have entered the phase of the offseason where there’s little content left to mine, and yet their bosses demand they produce content. I, for one, will be largely avoiding it. Lemme know when they announce our rookie numbers.

(That said, don’t stop posting it, you are one of the main reasons this board is the best. I will just be more judicious about what I click on lol).

5 Likes

Stock ups were super obvious. But down?

levi, yea his stock is down. But he has a chance to prove himself. If he wants a contract he needs to fight for it.

Vildor. I doubt he makes the 53 man unless they keep something crazy like 11 DBs and he will be DB11.

Sorsdal was always a pet project. But they are going to ask more of him. Mohogony was a late pick. And Manu is a project. Im sure they expect him to be G3 on the roster this year. And he better live up to it

I see a lot of these articles that simply don’t mention Mathieu Betts.

I also read posters talking about the defensive line and the Lions off season signings and again, the vast majority make no mention of Betts.

Is he so bad that no one can talk about him?

What am I missing? Shouldn’t he at least be IN the conversation?

1 Like

The CFL is practically a different sport. With there being only 3 downs, DEs always pin their ears back and rush the passer. They really dont have the variety of jobs like setting the edge to worry about. Hopefully he shows something. But he isnt garenteed to make the roster. He is a bubble level guy until he shows otherwise.

I don’t disagree. But most of the time he doesn’t even make honorable mention as a bubble guy.

It’s like he simply doesn’t exist. :rofl::rofl:

usa network television GIF by White Collar

Isn’t it obvious? Dan and Brad don’t even talk about him… …and that’s exactly how they want it. :sunglasses:

CFL players arent american football players until they actually play American football. That is my point. CFL isnt the same game. It is almost like a basketball player entering the NFL. Yeah he is athletic but he hasnt played the game.

I agree with you. 100 percent. But, I wouldn’t bet against Betts. He isnt going to lay down and his agility is exceptional. Glad we signed him.

I like his style and effort… but can he just run past NFL tackles like he did in the CFL?

On strick passing downs? Why not? Explode off the snap…make the OT over set. …counter inside…not hard. If he doesn’t over set…win around the edge…not hard.

This is not hard. Go get to the spot…end of discussion.