Lions release Fells

Lions released Darren Fells.

Fells asked for his release and the Lions granted it. The veteran saw five targets in seven games with Detroit this season while playing 28.4 percent of the team’s snaps. A useful streaming option during his time with Houston, Fells could fall into some targets if he lands with a tight end needy team.

With the release of Williams and Fells, who are 29 and 35 years old, I believe the Lions now have the youngest roster in the nfl.

1 Like

so basically a college team.

4 Likes

I’m sure a few college teams could beat us.

5 Likes

I dont’ believe Fox would let that happen.
I think sometimes people forget we have him.

5 Likes

During the bye week, we have been installing the Fox @ QB offensive package, can’t wait to see it.

Rumor has it, the WR’s have been completely shocked because they have never seen a pass thrown more than 5 yards all season.

6 Likes

Yup. We run a handful of QB keepers on first down, just to wear the D down and get them all bruised up, injured, and demoralized. Fox is comin’, MF’rz!

2 Likes

Saw his interview earlier this morning.

Val Kilmer Tombstone GIF by Giphy QA

4 Likes

Y E S!!!

Angry Fast And Furious GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Players can’t jump ship fast enough.

It’s a shame they couldn’t figure out how to use him more. He wasn’t going to bust a TD or anything but he was a reliable blocker and decent hands.

2 Likes

Fells was a loser!!!

1 Like

They need to put this play in for Fox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRpQZnuBg9c

1 Like

Lions will Draft a TE with either of their upcoming 2022 3rd Round picks…If Hock goes down, there goes 2/3, at least, of the Offense today.

They really should at least kick the tires on Sternberg

I used to do that with punts, kick them straight up in the air as high as I could and then catch them.

1 Like

Oh great. Now they’re probably going to win some games and screw themselves out of the number one draft position.
But on the other hand the receivers might start catching some downfield balls and instead of drafting receivers they can use those picks on defense. Or O line depth. Or elsewhere.

1 Like

Remember the crap you used to do as a kid to keep yourself occupied when your friends couldn’t play?
I used to throw baseballs at a square on a piece of plywood that was the strike zone or shoot hoops for hours.
Ah the good ole days!

2 Likes

The Lions should try all this stuff just to entertain us and maybe discover a new play. Straight up in the air punt so the linemen are the ones in position to make the catch, and the scrum for the ball when they flub it. LOL
Could be exciting. What’s the worst that could happen? We lose the game?

1 Like

It would confuse the shit out of everyone. LOL. No way they’d expect it.

Is there a rule that prevents this?
Does the ball have to travel a certain distance?
I think the ball would have to touch a defensive player, which Fox could arrange.
I can’t imagine they’d be alert enough to call for fair catch, or expect to have to get away from the ball.

I vote yes