Lions safety Tracy Walker out of walking boot, provides injury update

2 Likes

Gonna be interesting how they use Joseph, Elliot, and Walker if they bring Elliot back next year. Glenn and Campbell LOVE Walker. Hell when we resigned Walker Campbell told Walker that he was one of the core guys. I understand him and Kerby are more FS types, but I guarantee you they will find a way to get both these guys on the field even if Elliot is back.

3 Likes

I’m rooting for Walker, but we need to plan on him not being back next year. He will be 28 years old soon, and yes Okudah made it back from the same injury, which was very impressive. But, Okudah was also 6 years younger at the time of the achilles tear, which often ends players careers unfortunately.

If Walker makes it back, great! But we won’t know that for 10-12 months. With Elliot being a free agent, Kerby is probably the only starting safety on the roster. Drafting a safety in round 2 or 3 to pair with Kerby makes a lot of sense to me. Although maybe they are planning to pay Elliot, his injury history is scary though.

4 Likes

Walker is supposedly planning to make it back by OTA’s. Now maybe that is unrealsitic, but it sounds like he may be ready to go by training camp at least.

Romeo is about to come back this week so lets see how he looks as well. He is the same age as Walker.

4 Likes

I concur that they won’t know if this injury has robbed him of any speed for awhile. However, I think acquiring another corner might help more. Getting good coverage out of the corners will allow the Safeties to play centerfield more often, decrease the percentage of snaps where they have to be the over the top safety valve. Let them play downhill more often.

2 Likes

If they play the 3 safety system Joseph and Walker will play high with Elliot in the box. That’s my guess. They can also limit walkers snaps and help limit the wear and tear since he won’t be 100% next year.

3 Likes

Wow, that would be a miracle recovery by OTA’s

Right, and Romeo has been out for 14 months. Usually an Achilles tear is at least 10-12 months recovery. Okudah made it back in just under a year, which was very impressive. He was also very young, which helps a lot in recovery.

Walker got hurt in week 3 vs the Vikes in late September for a time frame perspective. I would highly expect Walker will be PUP for the first 5 games next year.

1 Like

You can never have enough good corners, that’s for sure. Would you bring back Elliot then?

1 Like

If we’re going full-on Kool-Aid drinking, I’d love to see Iffy come back strong and be able to be depth at both positions.

That feels like asking for an awful lot, though.

4 Likes

Listen, I will mute you the next time you refer to 28 as old. He’s half my age. That’s YOUNG, thank you.

5 Likes

Agreed…penalty box for Boyd.

3 Likes

Hahaha okay brother!!

Aging Old Man GIF by A&E

4 Likes

I spent a lot of time there in my hockey days growing up! haha

5 Likes

LOL

This is exactly how you lose a locker room

1. be incredibly honest with your guys
  2. be vulnerable
  3. anchor to them that they are the core/one of the leaders
  4. point out to them the opportunity before them & lovingly ask them what they would like to o with it

Jesus, I love this guy.

3 Likes

If the price is right

3 Likes

Not directed at you brother!!! But, I can’t not post this reply…haha

GIF by Giffffr

5 Likes

It sure looks like he’ll be ready for training camp.

3 Likes

Another update….

2 Likes

I would recommend cutting him just for the man bun.

1 Like