Lions Schedule Predictions/Rumors

Amon Ra Just said, “Our goal is to win the division and make the playoffs…and eventually SB”

Look at his energy. Lip service? Noooope. He means it. I want his warrior energy in our QB

The Office Thats GIF

1 Like

And why do you think that’s not how anybody else feels? Did Jared say otherwise? lol

Ive heard Dan Campbell talk about Goff’s toughness. Ive heard Brad Holmes talk about Goff’s toughness. And Ive heard you obsess over how Goff is not tough lol. Really random take.

1 Like

It’s not an obsession, it’s when ppl don’t understand, I try to get on the same page with them.
Nobody wants to be invalidated.
Everyone wants to be heard and understood.

If I felt like people could understand me, I would maybe have made a few to a handful of mentions of it. Because I’ve been in some lengthy discussions about it, you’re perceiving it to be an obsession.

I’m not gonna re-do it, but I did a detailed post here I break down 4 components of toughness, and Goff scored very high in 3 of the 4.

It’s not that I don’t think Goff is tough…it’s that I wish he was tougher…in a certain way.

…just what I see, brother.

Lions are + 1500 to win NFC north. Wife gave me permission to blow $100 in hopes of winning $150k. I figured hell, its only a hundred bucks, schedule is easiest its gonna get as we get more competitive fk it im droppong a benji! Lets go lions!!! Ya never know…

2 Likes

That would be great if true!! Beat the heck out of a divisional rival to start the season!

Might want to double check your math :wink:

+1500 is if you bet $100 you win $1500

2 Likes

The easier schedule this season and the NFC has been weakened with many of the better players heading to the AFC. One of several reasons it wouldn’t surprise me to see the Lions hit 10 or 11 wins as @BigNatty has also said.

1 Like

Word!
We may not win many more games next year than this one, despite growth. This schedule is a welcome change from last year.

So Bears, Jets, and Patriots in three of the first 4 weeks? That is a fairly favorable start for us. Bears are going to be #1 overall pick bad this year, IMO. Jets are going to be better, but I’d rather catch them early in the year then later as I doubt Wilson comes firing out the gates. The Patriots to me are a very beatable team as well, especially when you are playing them in Foxboro in September and not January.

Just find it funny that this thread had nothing to do with Goff and what Amon Ra said (which is what any nfl player would say when asked the question pre-season) had nothing to do with Goff. And yet somehow you made it about Goff and his toughness.

2 Likes

Word. :wink:
Thank you for raising my awareness around it. What we focus on, we find, and it has been in my field of vision a TON because of these conversations.

Truthfully, I’d rather focus on the DL. Offense is what it is (awesome).
Defense will more than half-assedly support them, this year. The thing that determines our success this year will be more reliant upon the DL than anything.

Our DL is FILLED with variables/X-factors.
IMO,
every single starter, and most of the backups, are things we dont’ know what to expect from.
With some luck with health, they will feed off from each other as a unit. I think we have the potential to have a defense that creates turnovers. I don’t think our D will be as consistently reliable as we would like, but their grit will create turnovers, especially with the addition of Hutch, Paschel & Joseph.
Okudah is a huge X-factor. I think our LBs are weak, but serviceable. Teams will try to pick on them. We will run a lot of 4 man fronts and nickel, so it will cut down on the amount of covering they have to do, but that feels like our soft spot.

2 Likes

My guess is the Lions will have a Monday night game against the Packers. I also think the Lions will go to Green Bay in October.

I can see the Lions getting an early Bye, maybe week 5. More My guess is week 8.

1 Like

I agree. And Belichick is the king of “the first 4 games are an extension of preseason” stuff that Patricia brought with him to Detroit. They were 1-3 last year in the first 4 games. He literally puts his guys in less than favorable positions to see if he can trust them to do it “when the real season starts.”

If the current leaks are correct is looks like we will open and close on the road. That should mean that we have a mid-season bye and not one super early or super late.

Good thing is you guys don’t play the Rams! That’s a plus. We’d demolish you guys something awful. The real men are out West! :wink:

1 Like

feeling the sudden urge to go swimming…

2 Likes

Updated tweet to say it Pats @Packers week 4

Does this come in poster format? Asking for a friend (Rosie Palms).

3 Likes

IN LAMBAU last game of regular season…in the snow, vs Packers and Refs.
Campbell gonna have 'em ready, men?

1 Like

Oh thanks bro thought it was 1500 to 1wifey might have second thoughts…hell i wont tell :slight_smile:

1 Like