Lions scouts visited 5 Florida Gators games - a more in depth look

Because the media person reporting it had an agenda and was pushing a single narrative for a story.

Let’s look at what was reported.

The Lions scouts were at 5 games involving the gators.

Not at Gator home games. One game mentioned was the Vanderbilt home game.

It is possible they were there for a Vanderbilt player like say RB Re’Mahn Davis, or CB Jeremy Lucien, or LB Anfernee Orji.

It is very possible the Lions scouts weren’t even looking at a gator player at all in this one instance but the author has a narrative he is pushing.

I bet if you look at all the Lions scouts and started connecting the dots on all the visits they had in the SEC you’ll find they are at most of the SEC games multiple times each season.

The Lions have approximately 35 scouts. They have both an area scout and regional scout that attend SEC games exclusively. Then you have senior scouts and team representatives attending these games too.

So it’s not hard to connect the dots 5 times in a season.

If you look at the games they attended. It happened to be against the same teams that had the heaviest scouts attending. Each of those teams have multiple players that are draft able.

I am sure Richard’s had an impact on why the scouts attended. Maybe they wanted to see how a particular CB or LB played against Richardson as much as they wanted to see Richardson.

Let’s look at those 5 games closer and see whom each team has that the Lions could be targeting.

2 Likes

When he was bad, he was really bad. But when he was on, wow. Total roller coaster. That’s why it makes sense that he was the one they were scouting.

1 Like

Yeah I agree

I don’t follow?

Risdon is a rumor monger at times

1 Like

Have a beer with him and you might rethink that……dude knows more about football then anyone in here.

2 Likes

Absolutely and very good point

Ok. Perhaps that doesn’t always come through in his writing.

Even so thst wouldn’t change the fact that I’ve read quite a few Lions Wire columns where he states what sure appear to be unsubstantiated rumors as fact.

I’m definitely not a fan of his whatsoever but to each their own.

That seems like standard “journalism” these days

In fairness to Jeff that whole ___wire family of sites does seem to have a bit of a page six lean to it. It may be his marching orders to put out ridiculous trade proposals etc just to generate clicks. It’s just hard for me to read that stuff and then on the Podcast to take him seriously when he’s like, “The Lions think this about this guy. Trust me.”

But that’s just it. It’s clicks. He is told and required to write things that generate controversy. His takes off the record are really sound. He also teases stuff he goes into more detail in private. The private information he talks about is legit. He is very plugged in. He is right a great deal. Plus he is great at sharing insights and personalities.

Fair enough. I wouldn’t know any of that. All I can go off is the podcast and Lionswire.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.