And Brad Holmsey don’t play that Clowney
GIF by moodman

3 Likes

Yes please!

1 Like

This makes a ton of sense to me.

Injured. Holmes has a type.

1 Like

He was my preferred backup plan to Wilkins. He will likely be less than half the cost as well.

Ive heard this story before.

1 Like

This makes soooo much sense.

It allows you to tell Jack, Barnes and Alex that they don’t need to come downhill like they’re trying to save their family from a burning building. That should in terms help our intermediate pass defense a good bit.

1 Like

With the rumors about Wilkins and now Reader, it appears Holmes feels the DL problems are mainly at DT, no?

3 Likes

Or its really nothing.

1 Like

Market Value according to Spotrac.
3 years $45m. $15m AAV.

Reader’s had high PFF grades for his entire career except one season. Not much of a pass rusher, but at 335 lbs, maybe his presence would free up McNeil.

2 Likes

Would mean Benito is Finito with us, but thats a massive upgrade for a Run Stuffing DT if we land Reader

2 Likes

2 Likes

If true, I guess BroMart is a longer term project then shedding 3 draft picks to get him suggests… Maybe it also means we let Alim play out his deal, get more work at 3t and see if he earns a huge payday.

1 Like

Wanted him the last time he was a FA, great player, would love to have him.

1 Like

Having 3 monsters at DT is a good thing though

4 Likes

I prefer to keep the bigger guys fresh as well and Reader is a perfect player for Brodric to learn from. With Cominsky and Paschal also capable on playing inside on passing downs and Levi looking like a solid depth piece at least, we may be out of the DT market if we signed Reader.

Sign Reader, one of Bosa/Mack, and Darious Williams and I would be thrilled. Maybe throw in a solid reserve G/C like Nick Gates. Bring back DJ Chark and a solid veteran safety like Q Diggs and we would be looking really good heading into the draft.

2 Likes

The only downfall is the Jonah Comp pick for signing Reader

they would cancel out. But he would be worth it

1 Like