Lions serious interest in Reader

Dose of Dion broke down before FA why he thinks DJ Reader should be our top target if healthy. He went through his film and broke down how he was a better fit for us tham Wilkins. He wanted Reader over Wilkins even before the price difference. Reader eats double teams WAY better than Wilkins.

1 Like

EATS AND DEFEATS

Exactly

A would agree, Reader is arguably the best in the league when holding his ground against double teams and has a ton of power. Wilkins is no slouch by any means, but he is not nearly as good as Reader in this area. With that said, he is several years younger and quite a bit better as a pass rusher, IMO.

Not just holding ground. Pushing double teams back and at times splitting them outright.

1 Like

Where Are You Waiting GIF by Originals

Dude, you are 5-6hours older than us, let us catch up.
@stephenboyd57 @Davicus
How do we deal with this in light of the older than posts…

1 Like

Im going out for a game of pool. I fully expect him to be signed when i get back

1 Like

I hope we don’t get snookered.

Something isnt right. My guess he didnt pass his physical. Oh well. Who is left now?

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

The age difference is less than 1.5 years. Wilkins had a career year for sacks after betting on himself but usually isnt a really big sack guy. Surprisingly wilkins tape was weaker than i thought last year. He didnt look good against double teams. He did get the sacks but kinda regressed against the run a bit. And Reader is a better pash rusher than most nose tackles. Not world class but decent. His run stopping is Vita Vea level.

I would say if we don’t hear anything today by COB, it’s not good news. But I would give it all day today anyways. Maybe they are working on contract details. Both have to be happy :sunglasses:

Armstead

1 Like

2 Likes

We signed him.

2 year deal.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1768362466503709067

3 Likes

2 year deal will be announced soon

4 Likes

Starting a new thread …

1 Like