Lions sign CB Emmanuel Moseley (1yr/$6m)

There’s no issue adding players at the interior of the line, I think most people agree we need some depth at the very least there.

We just don’t need to do it in the 1st round.

1 Like

I’d rather take Avila in the second round.

1 Like

I know it’s happened, but extremely rare. And we aren’t talking about the teens. I didn’t say O’Cyrus is impossible at 18. I just believe Skoronski at 6 is highly doubtful.

1 Like

I’m gonna disagree here, and say we need to add 2 Guards this draft. I’m not quite sure Jonah will stick around…or we can afford him too.

Skoronski/O’Ccyrus RG round 1 plug in play
Zavala/Mafi day 3 depth and compete for LG in 2024 or 2025 if we franchise Jonah.

2 Likes

If we add two we definitely don’t need to do it in the 1st. Add one in the 3rd and another late. Remember Jonah was a 3rd rounder drafted by a poor-drafting GM. Brad will crush it.

Me too. There’s a half dozen Guards I would like to take with a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Guards are plug and play starters. The dropoff from skoronski to the guys in this range is not massive imo. And skoronski isn’t even a guard. Now of course in theory it’s much easier to play guard, but it’s not his natural position.

This is a very good point and approach, CB’s not named Sauce take 1-2 years to adapt to the NFL typically and even then you are not sure they can

1 Like

Unless I’m mistaken skoronski played all along the line during his time at northwestern.

1 Like

That was my thought as well. Holmes can draft a corner and not have to rush him onto the field. That makes me wonder what we’ll get out of Lucas this season.

1 Like

Sauce, Surtain, Woolen, Horn and Stingley.

CBs are producing more as rookies these days.

1 Like

I have only one thing to say → I told you guys that Holmes was gonna surprise us.
Seems so fruitless to try to predict what that handsome MF’r is gonna do.

Draft selections probably haven’t shifted much, if at all of him either.

4 Likes

I definitely think this draft will produce some good corners at the middle to back end of the draft.

1 Like

Nahh I’m pretty sure he was their LT even when Slater was there. I don’t think he ever played guard in college.

Maybe Banks plus one to learn under Sutton and Moseley? Like our WRs from 21 to 22, our DB room could take a similar leap.

1 Like

If true, and you could be right. What does that say about Okudah!?

1 Like

Maybe I was thinking of the tcu kid.

1 Like

Well, I’m going to have to flush my Mock Drafts 1.0 thru 572.0…

2 Likes

Lol I had to look it up because I was thinking I was confusing him with someone else. It happens to all of us.

1 Like

For the first time in my Lions fandom we have a staff that see’s the obvious weaknesses that everyone see’s. I still hope we draft a CB somewhere in the draft this is a deep class.

5 Likes

I have to admit, I’m happy I’m wrong about him not doing much in FA. Been a nice 2 days of signings, nothing crazy, still planning for the future very intelligently, and the draft is still to come. The talent and competition on this team has been totally improved/revamped in just 2 years. Call me impressed and looking forward to next season.
Please give me Williams and a solid backup QB today or tomorrow and I promise not to ask for anything else until the draft😉

2 Likes