Lions sign Chris Board to 1 year deal

Brad Holmes:

New York Knicks Basketball GIF by NBA

JRM replacement

Also cannot confirm that Julio thing but Garofolo retweeted it.

2 Likes

Let’s go !! Underachievers that will blossom in Detroit!!!

1 Like

Board to Analzone is gonna PUNISH.

3 Likes

SuperBoard!!!

2 Likes

Interesting that Julio signed to play with Matt Ryan yet Devante Adams left the packers to not play with Rodgers… or just to play with Carr… but I’m gonna say it was just to get away from the Rodgers Diva Hour

Honestly, I wonder how many players actually respect and want to play with Rodgers outside of the fact he’s good at what he does. What do they actually think of him? Do they look at him as a stepping stone to a better FA contract? Just thinking out loud…

2 Likes

Again I have seen this literally nowhere else so take that with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Oh my bad… I thought he signed… I see it hasn’t happened. I misread my news stories!

Sorry for elaborating on false info, seriously thought he signed with them.

Hopefully with a name like Board he can really “lay the wood”

1 Like

I hope not. Wood is his teammate.

3 Likes

With names like Board and Wood they should at least have hard heads. lol

I thought he was our President or CEO or both.

3 Likes

Yup. Excellent addition. Supreme special teams guy - defensive role increased each year. Ravens’ staff and fans loved him. Worst case scenario a huge ST contributor who fills in as LB depth. Best case scenario he’s starting caliber and earns himself a future in Detroit.

8 Likes

That’s cool to hear. Nice to get a player a team actually wanted to keep. Need good special teams players.

I see a bunch of ILB #3 and ILB #4 types on this roster in Anzalone, Barnes, Pittman, Hamilton, Board and Woods. We still need two starters in my opinion but maybe I am just being greedy. Regardless, I like position depth more now vs. last season.

4 Likes

Hopefully they nail the opposition.

1 Like

This is a deep LBer draft. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us add two LBers in the draft, especially with us switching to a base 4-3. To me Barnes is the starting SLB. Anzalone and Board seem like potential fits at WSLB. There is no true MLB on the current roster, IMO.

1 Like

Just going by his PFF grades, as I don’t know much about him, he is historically bad in run defense, but serviceable in coverage and rushing the passer.

Could be a key special teamer and nickel LBer.

1 Like

And that’s what we really lack some tackling machines in run defense. Have we tried any of the water boys yet!?

Adam Sandler Water GIF by Death Wish Coffee

2 Likes

As long as they don’t get routed by the opposing WRs!

1 Like

Board is your JRM replacement on ST an he may get a chance to play more also . JRM got his chance an moved on with a good deal,

2 Likes