Lions Sign OT Lamm

Dan C. Sending a message to the depth on the team. Play better or you will be replaced.

1 Like

It’s possible, but not much risk for CTE in practices these days for practice squad players, very few actual fully padded practices are even allowed and in training camp they have all been wearing those padded caps over their helmets. And once the regular season starts, teams rarely have full contact practices. I think these dudes retiring just don’t have the passion for football like the Lions coaches are bringing to the table every day.

It’s the dudes that play on Sundays that risk possible CTE in the future.

1 Like

Go back and read the articles about who the defensive linemen were beating for “sacks” and “tackles” for loss. One of them was Obeid. It sounded like the former Division 2 player was getting regularly beaten like a drum.

Maybe he simply realized he wasn’t good enough and probably never would be.

5 Likes

I’m most concerned about the DL by a mile.
After that → QB

We got a veteran offensive tackle with starting experience, now waiting for us to sign Sheldon Richardson to beef up DT.

5 Likes

Better than them going R.O.A.D.

Allen Park is a no turd zone

Very true, but a lot of these guys have been playing for 8-10 years before ever getting to this level, and could have a history of TBI. Every player has their own different reason as to why they retire… I can’t second guess any of them choosing to do what they feel is best.

2 Likes

I know Obeid was getting lit up in OTAs and camp by various DL. I think when that starts happening and you feel you may have physical limitations that will keep you from ever developing enough to handle NFL strength and speed then unless you feel comfortable going from PS to PS what’s the point right? Yeah I’m with you on that.

Not to mention the guys that have retired are all UDFA rooks correct? Yeah those guys already had an uphill battle and chances are the guys ahead of them had already distanced themselves to the point where they knew that maybe they just didn’t have the talent to keep up.

1 Like

Why do they keep retiring!? Because if they can’t play for the lions they’d rather not play. What is life even if it isn’t spent as a Detroit lion!?

1 Like

Or if you can’t make the Lions roster, you know for sure you can’t make any other team, lol

1 Like

Hope he doesn’t get lambasted going against Hutch.

Our starting Guard use to play tackle too.

Did he, though?

1 Like

I have no problem with the staff letting guys know up front that it isn’t going to happen…. and then bringing in vets that have played in the league. This guy Lamm may not make the roster… but he has played in the NFL and not been a complete anchor.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Browns/status/1106605701735043073?s=20&t=l18w8mvYdaGtv_e0_UNZ3w

2 Likes

I like the idea of the 4th OT being a veteran with Eze on the protected PS list.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.