Lions sign WR Devin Funchess . . . $11.6M under

roberto duran trailer GIF by I Am Duran

1 Like

Football Superbowl GIF by Trey Songz

2 Likes

Our school systems are failing EVERYONE. They are getting very little right.

2 Likes

I think Mitchell is going to exceed expectations. Funchess is the backup as a ceiling, in my best estimate.

1 Like

How about David Sloan!?

3 Likes

Very true, but you also have to fault the parents, the kid and the culture itself. Most of these kids are treated special from little league and are made to believe they’re all going to be hall of fame players and play for 20 years. Education is never stressed and most of those kids pay a heavy price because of it. Most don’t make it and then are left with no education and no future prospects. Then you see the same cycle repeat over and over. How different would things be if these kids all took education seriously and walked with their degrees?

2 Likes

That’s what I’m getting at though. Even the biggest star players in high school and college have seen over and over that even the best players have careers cut short or don’t make it. Shawn merriman and Tony boselli are perfect examples. Boselli is a hall of famer and only played 7 years because a surgeon screwed up his shoulder. If you see that over and over and still don’t take education seriously for your own future that’s on you.

2 Likes

Well their parents were usually failed by the same education system referenced before. That’s why I was trying to make the distinction that it wasn’t so black and white.

You don’t know what you don’t know.

3 Likes

So true - getting worse now, though. Better in some ways, but faaaar wore in others.

2 Likes

Also true. You would think though that those same parents who have been through the same situation would do everything they could to make sure that didn’t happen to their kid. I realize many have limited to no options but if their kid makes it to college on a scholarship they would push and make sure their kid left with a degree.

1 Like

Flip side, it cost Desmond King MILLIONS to stay for his senior year and get his degree.

4 Likes

The connections someone makes as a pro athlete are definitely worth more than a degree. If they don’t take advantage of that, they were not the type of person that was going to get much out of the degree anyways.

3 Likes

No big deal and I’m not complaining. I would if they signed him to be our starter but they didn’t. I doubt he even makes the roster. Because it’s hard to overcome bad hands.

Most teams don’t waste their time. That’s all I’m saying.

2 Likes

Pickings might be slim now but we’ll see what happens after cuts. Also, sounded like Zylstra did well in OTAs, and he showed a little potential before he got hurt last year.

We’ll see. We can always use Matt Nelson as our blocking TE!!

1 Like

recent pics from instagram indicate he is still working hard to stay in shape….

2 Likes

His “Hilight” that someone posted made him look uncoordinated, not very tough, and barely catching wide open balls, while being tackled quite easily. Was just one game, but still…

1 Like

His legs look skinny, he needs to start doing leg day with Rodriguez

3 Likes

Biggest deal to me is just plain old getting uglier on the field.
By far the biggest deal is mental toughness. Warrior energy

1 Like

Jim Carrey Fitness GIF by clubbunker

4 Likes

I posted a link to his last preseason game with Green Bay… when he made a 1 handed grab….

2 Likes