Lions trade for Denzel Mims

$1,729,000 for this year if he makes the team.

Gimme my weed, gimme my 35 dollars to go to the motherfuckin swap meet! Biittch! Uhh, uhh, uhh, uhhā€¦

2 Likes

If he can catch one deep ball a game while Jamoā€™s out then itā€™s a good acquisition. The cost is basically nothing.

2 Likes

I have watched zero of Mims in New York. Zero.

But in college he was one of those dudes that would consistently make the most absurd highlight reel catch when given the opportunity and then get handcuffed by a screen pass.

That why I hated him coming out. Super talented athlete of course, but that damn receiving part of the job description.

Worth the risk though. Bc itā€™s concentration not hand eye coordination. And if he helps us some for six weeks thatā€™s significant.

3 Likes

$1,350,958, the signing bonus proration doesnā€™t transfer to the acquiring team.

6 Likes

Maybe MCDC thinks he can get something out of him

1 Like

Jamo is faster than this. I saw a side by side clip of Jamo and Ty Hill in the open field(using those silhouettes or however they do it from games where they were in the open field running at their fastest) and Jamo actually was faster. Iā€™m not claiming with 100% conviction heā€™s faster than Tyreek Hill, but heā€™s easily a 4.28ish type of kid, if not faster.

1 Like

The irony that the boardā€™s resident puppy didnā€™t go doo doo enough.

I bet you all finished the phrase in your heads thoughā€¦

#EarwormSupreme

2 Likes

Feels like Trinity Benson 2.0 but the cost is so minimal - who cares. Clearly they see something intriguing. Give the dude a shot. Not playing special teams is a real issue tho

1 Like

Young dude with speed and size, nothing to lose really.

Love It Wow GIF by Wrexham AFC

If he sucks in camp, cut him. Once upon a time we signed Kalif and claimed Reynolds too.

2 Likes

Interesting flyer. If Goff can throw him in stride, it could be a win.

Guessing Aaron Rodgers didnā€™t like him and poof he gone.

2 Likes

Leaf runs a 4.38
Jamo is at least 2 steps faster than leaf. He doesnā€™t have an official 40 time due to the injury. He claims he would have broken the combine recordā€¦ Chark said he would give him ā€œ4.2, 4.2 somethingā€ speed when Jamo claimed to run a sub 4.2 40.

2 Likes
1 Like

I like this move, and I think it speaks more to the fact that the front office has faith in the culture and locker room leadership that they would bring in a guy who doesnā€™t necessarily fit the mold, but is going to get a chance to mold himself into the fabric of the team. If this guy isnā€™t in the best shape of his life, physically and mentally in a contract year, he doesnā€™t belong in the league. Zero risk move with upside galore. Love it Holmes!

5 Likes

Hmmmā€¦not really seeing 4.38 speed in that highlight video, or much of a knack for gaining separation. Does seem to have good ball tracking skills, body control, and using his size to win contested catches.

Just not seeing the speed on the field.

3 Likes

I like it. Said in the other thread, this years Chark. 1 year prove-it deal with a clean slate. Up to Mims now, its his incomeā€¦

3 Likes

I see the potentialā€¦

4 Likes

his name sounds like someone having a seizure asking for help

Dude ran 4.39 at the combine, get ur boy Goff and him on the same page, look out, the lions have so much speed

2 Likes