Lions trade for Denzel Mims

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1681839545942147073?s=20

2 Likes

What makes Mims special is how he looks the ball into his hands and snatches it out of the air (after it bounces off his chest).

4 Likes

Career 45.7 catch percentage. Not exactly a player I’m excited to acquire

2 Likes

No deets

Conditional trade. Camp body

Look at his quarterbacks. Basically free and there might be something there. I read earlier work ethic is an issue which is antithetical to Campbell so we’ll see

4 Likes

3 Likes

For what he is, which is good depth, it’s a good move.

5 Likes

For the price it’s a no brainer

4 Likes

DJ Chark 6’3 205. Pick #61
Denzel Mims 6’3 207 pick #59

Guess my Antoine Green hype train might not ever get off the tracks

12 Likes

2020 2nd rd. pick with one year left on his deal. A four year college player who broke 1,000+ yards twice at Baylor. A very healthy average when he catches the football. I didn’t see punt or kick return experience at Baylor. Kid is listed as 6’3”. Likely a touch shorter than that.

The Jets have been HORRIBLE at QB AND coaches during his span with the Jets. Yep, he might suck and he might be a bad professional football player. But I like getting a kid with one year left on a deal knowing this is his shot. Solid move at a VERY reasonable price.

Holmes was with the Rams in 2020 but I know Holmes had an opinion about this kid.

9 Likes

Talented kid who declined the longer he played

This just doesn’t seem like a MCDC type of guy.

Kinda shocked we brought him in on that aspect.

We need WR so I’m glad we’re taking a flier but it’s still a surprising move.

7 Likes

In 2020 Rams took Van Jefferson over Mims by two draft slots. You know Holmes did his homework here. Van got Goff then Stafford throwing him the football. Mims? Wilson, Flacco and White and a couple other guys thrown in for good measure. Not good. Mims might suck but his QBs sure haven’t helped.

4 Likes

Better than the Trinity Benson trade

9 Likes

5 Likes

Damn dude ran a 4.38. Thats Kalif and Jamo speed. Doesn’t mean anything, but still.

4 Likes

A small gamble for some upside.

If it’s conditional, he probably has to make the team.

4 Likes

With the 7th in 2025 being a go if I understand. I don’t think it means much if they lose a 7th two years from now to see what he’s got, I’ll live.

1 Like

I think what it is.

Lions get Mims and the 2025 lower 7th between Jets/Lions
Jets get higher 2025 7th between Jets/Lions, which becomes a 6th if Mims makes the opening day roster.

Something like that.

Tomorrow’s trade should show up on the wire, hopefully it sheds light on it or one of the beat writers gets info on trade.

4 Likes

Never say never brother.

2 Likes

Just got the notification on my.phone.

I like it. WR depth is an issue with Jamo out. Nice potential if he figures it out for low price.

2 Likes

Baby Chark, could be doo doo…

3 Likes