Lions training camp notebook: Day 4

Some good stuff in here I thought

8 Likes

Jashon Cornell continues to have a strong summer. Cornell saw first-team reps at DE opposite Hutchinson and used his size and strength well in the run defense. Like Cominsky, Cornell also slides inside and sees reps at DT.

Levi Onwuzurike and Julian Okwara are each getting some first-team reps but also more extensive time with the second-team defense. Onwuzurike is doing a better job than last year of keeping his pad level down. Okwara spends most of his time as a stand-up DE in contrast to starter Charles Harris, who likes to start with one hand in the turf. No. 99 does more dropping into coverage than any other EDGE.

2 Likes

I like that a lot of lesser names seem to be doing good things but we hear that most camps I think.

Interesting that Reynolds is separating himself— I’d like to see one of those guys do just that

“The gap between No. 3 RB Craig Reynolds and the guys chasing him, Jermar Jefferson and Godwin Igwebuike, looks wider every day.”

One of the beat reporters indicated that Jefferson was having a problem with drops.

2 Likes

Damn I hope he gets it together. I really like him as a runner.

1 Like

He’s probably a practice squad guy this year.

Especially now. We just signed Justin Jackson.

2 Likes