Lions-Vikings prediction

I think that if the Lions have a good rhythm on their first offensive drive, the Vikings are in deep shit.

1 Like

Vikings (+2.5) at Lions

MDS’s take: It might look a little strange that the 5-7 Lions are favored over the 10-2 Vikings, but it makes sense given how well the Lions have been playing lately. They’ll win this one.

MDS’s pick: Lions 24, Vikings 20.

Florio’s take: Nothing gets a 10-2 team more focused and motivated than being a 2.5-point underdog against a team that started the year 1-6.

Florio’s pick: Vikings 30, Lions 27.

1 Like

My take for division opponents in the 2nd matchup is always the same. How did we play in the first will determine the second. We will beat Chicago and Green Bay again. We should have beaten the queens. The boys know we should have won. The boys know they can hang……they are gonna win. Pedal to the floor, I don’t know if that is a blowout, but the aggressiveness it always there. A 17 point lead won’t dissipate this time. The defense won’t give up a gw td in the final minutes this time.

1 Like

JerseyJungle’s take: The Vikings are the worst 10-2 team ever assembled and the Lions are going to show them why. The underdog Vikings will try to get motivated but will quickly realize that the Lions are the superior team.

** Jersey Jungle’s pick: ** Lions 48 Vikings 7.

(well, that’s tongue in cheek, but thought it might be worth a chuckle)

1 Like

I think Houston will have another sack in this game. Cousins isn’t very mobile and isn’t much of a threat to run (i.e. 25 carries for 58 yards in 2022).

2 Likes

From Frank Schwab at Yahoo Sports:

Lions (-1.5) over Vikings

This is the weirdest, most interesting line of the NFL season. It’ll be a long time before you see another 10-2 team as underdogs against a team with a losing record. By now, anyone who takes the NFL seriously realizes that the Vikings aren’t as good as their record. They’re having one of the craziest seasons in recent history. The Lions are playing well and the betting market has spoken: Don’t trust the Vikings this week.

2 Likes

Florio is the biggest ballwasher since the guy who gets squegee/scaffold duty at EPCOT

1 Like

I was wrong.

We beat them because our offense couldn’t be stopped, Special Teams was flat Special and the defense completely bottled up Cook (even forcing a turnover).

I had the same pick on another thread, I think we win.

1 Like

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

1 Like

Yep - rookie DE’s - Hutch sack, Houston sack!

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.