Lions war room celebration of first-round pick somewhat muted with just a few hugs

I never saw anything where they said the plan all along was to trade down and get the guys they got. I 100% believe that was one of the options they had prepared to follow. But that plan A was Witherspoon. I actually feel like the complete opposite. That they kind of inferred that who the first 5 picks went they decided to trade down. Not specifically saying they wanted anyone or the guy they wanted was gone but how it wa stated sounded very much like they had wanted one of those 5 players and once they were gone they moved to plan 2A. Which worked out fantastic also.

I think if Witherspoon had been there at No. 6, they would have taken him and then tried to trade up from No. 18 for Gibbs.

3 Likes

I don’t think so. The indication from insiders were that Arnold was the #1 defensive player on their board but who knows really.

Maybe it’s simply a matter of them…maturing and are getting into the mode of acting like they’ve been there before.

Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

1 Like

Yeah I am just spit balling here. Again I am amazed at how Holmes has flipped this roster and how competitive it has become in 3 years. Amazing. Honestly it just makes me hate some of the previous GMs and staffs from years past. Wow have the Lions done the impossible and hire knucklehead over and over. Like you can not hire such idiots on purpose over and over and gotten such pure idiots. They have been defeating the odds for years.

1 Like

Totally agree. The I saw on NFL.com the “comp” for Arnold is… drum roll… Witherspoon :wink:

Friggin’ GIGANTIC blue sea of handsomeness!

Watch the Penei video without crying → hahahahahah!

1 Like