Lions were allowed a 3rd helmet option and passed?

https://www.msn.com/en-US/sports/football_nfl/why-the-detroit-lions-didnt-add-a-third-alternate-helmet-option/ar-AA1niVU6?ocid=sapphireappshare

In essence, we could have kept using the retro logo one from last year (the one where Gibbs absolutely dominated the Raiders) or another new one (like all black with blue lion and a couple stripes, like I wanted).

I take that back. I reread the article and it states that the retro logo helmet from last year was a one-time only nod to their 90th anniversary. But they could have added another helmet…

rick moranis helmet GIF

1 Like

I really like this idea for the third helmet. With the all white uniform it would look badass if we wore them in Chicago or Green Bay in winter.

3 Likes

Good Lord! All hail the Graphic God!
Now, that is a reveal!!! WCF would be proud!

That’s shorts and t-shirt weather for @stephenboyd57

2 Likes

Blue facemask option?

If it’s above 0… the guns are out.

Big Guy Gym GIF by StickerGiant

3 Likes

Celsius or Farenheit?

Does Not Matter Marlon Vera GIF by UFC

1 Like

If it’s below zero you still wouldn’t care. It would still be guns out. You’d just be inside watching on tv. Nobody ever said you were stupid. :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I mean I have done the polar bear swim for charity in the middle of February. They cut a hole in the ice and you run and jump in the river. Quite the adrenaline rush… feels pretty good actually.

Essentially this.

Water Freezing GIF by Valparaiso University

1 Like

I loved that blue one with the old Logo last year. So of course they come out and say yeah that was a one shot deal to celebrate the 90th… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I bet if there were enough fans out there clamoring to see them again, they would make an exception or three.

Last years blue was my favorite Lions helmet ever.

2 Likes

They’re planning on adding the third helmet in 2025.

There are 3 helmets… i dont understand the confusion.

There is the standard silver with modified stripes and blue lion on the side.

There is the black and blue helmet.

And there is “the classic” throwback uniform featuring a solid silver helmet complimenting a blue jersey with no arm stripes.

Maybe i am struggling but i count 3

Rod wood said the throwback doesnt count. Because its the standard helmet with everything removed.

To be fair, the nfl did announce that they could have 3 options very recently so yes very hard to come up with something that quick