Lions will give All-Pro offensive lineman time, space to mull his future

2 Likes

I can’t imagine the pain Frank goes through

But damn I hope he’s back here next year

3 Likes

He’s the lynch pin to the running game… I brought it up a couple weeks ago that I feared he would retire before signing another contract. I really hope he comes back for a couple more seasons… I don’t think he’s playing in his 30s

4 Likes

At least the team is making any potential retirement decision as hard as possible. Barry and Calvin quit because they didn’t believe that the team would make their pain and sacrifice worthwhile, that’s not the case with Frank.

He has three years left and I personally believe he’ll play out those three years and then retire.

1 Like

:100:

I think that’s very best case. I think we have him for at least one more year. Two more would be better, and if I were a betting man, that would be my bet. Three more is alot to ask based on what he’s been through.

1 Like

And this is exactly what I have been fearing. Frank is arguably in the top 3 most important players on this team, maybe 2nd after Goff. He will retire soon, we bettrer hope he gives us good warning BEFORE a draft so we can attempt to replace him. We have no choice but to go after an OL guy this draft and hopefully with our first pick if we can get a starting corner in FA. Then the no. 2 pickcouldbe a corner that competes with with our other corners for the 2nd corner starting job. WE NEED TWO CORNERS AND ONE OL, and all of them need to be good players, REAL good. We are not replacing big Frank with some 5thr ound guy, it’s just isn’t going to happen.

If we were to lose Frank, I fear that could RUIN our rebuild, maybe even beyond our ability to recover from it if we can’t replace him with someone roughly as good.

2 Likes

If he is contemplating retirement now, what makes anyone think he will play 3 more seasons?

4 Likes

His last 2 games were likely his most difficult, the toe, the knee, and the back all injured, Frank was a hurting MFer. He toughed it out and played great. He needs 6 -8 weeks of R&R.
He will be back and we will help manage him and his injuries for the next 2-3 years.
I agree on finding his replacement in this next draft. We have time and the GM to find and groom his replacement:
A little blip on Jason Kelce, After graduating from the University of Cincinnati, Jason was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft

1 Like

This is why i would love the center from Oregon in the first. He is a BEAST. Reminds me of Sewell at center. Let him play OG until Ragnow retires. Problem is he likely goes before we pick in the 1st.

1 Like

I totally support whatever decision he makes. It’s his life, and he’s put in his time. The decisions can’t be easy, and I have no reason not to love the guy, and know he’ll do what’s best for his family.
With that said…
PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE JUST ONE MORE YEAR SIR!
I’ll buy you a beer. For life.

1 Like

Franks only 27 so hopefully they can find a way to fix him up. If not and he retires it was a short but great ride while it lasted. Thanks Frank

I’m with you. Rags may play 1 to 3 more years. It’s really a huge question mark. Gotta invest in the interior oline now so we are prepared. It may not be round 1. But somewhere in our top 4 picks for sure

This just affirms my idea that we should always be investing heavily into our OL. They are the key to this entire team. We go as the OL goes. Frank’s still young and we’re close to winning it all, I think he’ll be here another two years at least.

Rags perfect replacement

Players often consider retirement after a season of playing through pain—Frank isnt different than anyone else. Give the guy a month and see what 30 days of R&R does for his mindset. I think we need to draft a replacement, I’d just hate to use a high round pick on it given our need on defense.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.