Look at the bright side

OMG, I’ll freak out, if that’s true.
Add that and a really nice #1.
Let Cephus and St Brown sort out who they are for a year in a more supported system (with more talent)
Following year, we add another really nice WR, and build the D.
Couple of playmaker WRs that can house it, by the beginning of the 2023 season, along with Cephus, SunGod, New Starter #1, New Starter #2, St Brown in slot, and Cephus as backup at #2 and Slot?
With 32 and 30 and a REALLY strong OL. If your QB can’t win with that, trade him for a bag of nachos.

Still have lots of space to build the D in that plan too, with all of these picks Bradly has accumulated. C’mon, bald guy! We believe in you!

1 Like

I said it in another thread. You cannot spend an early pick on Ross, the dude has a fused spine and he wasn’t supposed to play football again. Maybe a 7th round flyer but I wouldn’t draft him.

2 Likes

I get all the excitement about the magic beans but we also need to fight for wins to help cement the culture. 0-17 from a fans perspective is great due to the choices…but from a team mentality…not the same.

2 Likes

We need to land a couple of wins (or more), somehow

1 Like

Me looking for the bright side.

Animated GIF

5 Likes

Maybe, I’m just hooked on the Kool aid, but, I see this team getting much better after mid season.
These youngsters are learning, and they have heart.
The Wide Receiver room has to step up. Study up and do your job!

2 Likes

Kool Aide is the new water! This season was and is about changing the culture. That is happening week to week. I wonder if they kept Collins just to make an example of him. Regardless, this team is balling like I haven’t seen since the days of … we’ll… Schwartz, or Caldwell, and I think these guys have MORE HEART!

4 Likes

I’ve just starting watching videos of some of the top prospects. Hamilton would look nice in our secondary. Ridder is lower ranked on some of the websites but I expect him to move to top 10 soon.

1 Like

I’d add in that cousins is on the wrong side of 30 and fields is very possibly a bust. So we’ll finally be in a division that doesn’t have a hall of fame quarterback for the first time in three decades.

2 Likes

Don’t say that to Bears fans on Twitter. :laughing:

1 Like

Yep. Being a Lions fan is like dying in a horror movie. The only “bright side” is your horrific death could have been even worse. Uh, thanks?

Friday The 13Th Halloween GIF

1 Like

If the Detroit Lions were a stock they would be the only one I can afford. lol

1 Like

I try not to talk to bears fans as a general rule. :joy:

1 Like

If even one receiver steps up and starts to become a playmaker it will change the entire offense. Suddenly hockenson may see less double teams and the running backs would have more room to operate.

1 Like

Paraphrasing something Reggie Bush said when asked why he chose Detroit. It was something like “I chose Detroit because of Calvin Johnson. In researching teams I realized that Detroit constantly faces light boxes because of him. So I decided that’s where I wanted to be.”

2 Likes

i would be happy with just one win–against a team with a wining record

2 Likes

Sneak up on someone like the Rams, just for draft positioning. :wink:

1 Like

I’d be happy if they just beat the bears

1 Like

I think I’d go with Packers, if it could be only one.
Bears would be 2 though