Mac Jones to Jags

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1766843436013900080

Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

2 Likes

Just trading peanuts for a backup. Mac will probably be a decent backup in the league for a long time.

6 Likes

Same thing as Darnold to SF last year

1 Like

I think Darnold has more potential upside as a starter in SF if Purdy goes down, but yeah, basically the same thing.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. You just got a quality backup QB for a 6th round pick, that’s a win imo…it’s just whether he’s content with staying or not.

1 Like

Mac gets to holds the water and ipad for Trevor.

Although Lawrence took a beating last year. Mac could be playing sooner, rather than later if that continues

2 Likes

Trevor Lawrence hasn’t been consistent at all. I don’t think a Mac Jones can turn up the competition heat on Trevor but maybe. I believe they were drafted in 2021 right?

A team needs a back up QB. Mac can be that. Can Mac also push Trevor? Maybe. Seems like Dour P. wants to walk that path.

6th round?

That should motivate Mac Jones, should it not?

He should demand out if he has an ounce of self-respect and confidence in my opinion…

Well, he sucks :man_shrugging:

Get better then he can make his demands.

1 Like

LOL!!!

At least he’s going home I guess.

1 Like

Lions used a 3RP on their full time backup

2 Likes

For now. I highly doubt they’ll put any limits on what he can become.

Yup Darnold was born in Cali
Mac was born in Jax

Who would even give Mac a reasonable chance to win the starting job at this point?

He has 1 year of cheap salary… and a 5th year option for team control… and NO other NFL team is willing to part with a 5th round pick.

That speaks volumes as to how the ENTIRE NFL views him…
not just the Pats and Jags.

Mac had a decent rookie year… and then guess what happened…

Rolling National Football League GIF by Detroit Lions

No wonder his career went to shit

When the hoody hired Patricia to be his offensive coordinator it was pretty clear Bill was losing his marbles in old age. :joy:

2 Likes

TBH, I think that move may cost Hoodie a shot to pass Shula.

How much hubris does it take to bring in your old DC who just got done with 3 years of his best impression of a R. Lee Ermey/Sgt. Schultz mashup of leadership failure…with absolutely no play design or calling experience…

and hand over your nearly RoY 2nd year QB and entire offense and think you are wicked smaaahter than the world.

Wonder where Fat Bastard got his unrealistic hubris/reality warp from?

I don’t…

3 Likes

Exactly… it was probably the worse offensive coordinator hire in the history of the nfl.

Literally anyone would have been a better hire

Mac probably has PTSD and reoccurring nightmares

2 Likes

This move is kinda a draw at this point. Jaguars were dangerous last year until Lawrence got the ankle injury, then I think they rushed him back at 60% because they really didn’t have a choice, just cross their fingers and hope for the best.

Mac Junior, perhaps, gives them a better option.

That first round contract is a bit rich for a backup, imo. Definitely a short term deal, but if I’m Trent Baalke, it makes sense because if the Jaguars don’t do something this year, odds are someone else is going to be in charge next year.

Perhaps a precursor to some win something right now moves out of Jacksonville?

Tough scene, but true…arm strength is lacking and cant make the throws…

1 Like

yup… I almost mentioned the 3 pass game in the Buffalo wind (2021). The Hoodie didn’t trust him to throw at all…
while Allen chucked it 30 times because the Bills couldn’t run the ball.