Cool!

2 Likes

He is are Ironman! Plays all teams!

1 Like

wife ironman GIF

1 Like

clint eastwood cowboy GIF

1 Like

For the amount of snaps he plays FB, I’d start giving him the non-Anzalone snaps for awhile. We could use a dose of instincts on the second level and that’s where he excels. Campbell is a liability. Tracey at high Safety is a liability. It’s like Patricia time again where we are taking agile instinctive guys off the field to replace them with bigger slower guys and they are getting beaten like drums out there. More Anzalone/Rodrigo/Branch/Kerby in space using their speed and instincts to suffocate offenses over the middle and over the top. Listen to me AG!!

2 Likes

I will not completely disagree, but I’ll disagree a bit. When the DL and LBs are playing like liabilities, Tracy is a tackling machine out there. He too is instinctive and keeps his nose around the ball. Do you want him to lead the team in tackles like last week? Of course not, but at least you know if the defense continually gets in that position, he’s right there to get those pops.

As I said, you don’t want him to be the guy bringing the wood, but … … under the circumstances, he’s bringing the wood.

1 Like

I agree, the nice thing about Tracy as a last line of defense is knowing he’s actually going to be there and keep the bad play from becoming the highlight reel TD.

2 Likes

Exactly. I hate that he has to be that stud, but he’s that stud. And the most important part is that he is consistently that stud.

Also I won’t lie. I’d prefer if it didn’t come to that but it’s been kind of cool seeing him pop people this season. He does not F- around on contact. He was rewarded with a contract and he is not shying away from living up to it.

He’s a Lion, through and through.

3 Likes

Keep in mind the game against the Packers opened with Walker getting lost and giving up a 50 yard completion

1 Like

Cowboy it is…

1 Like

True, but show me anyone who is perfect in coverage on every play. There’s coverage breakdowns more often than not, and sometimes it gets exposed, and often it doesn’t. Sometimes they just get lucky while fans are screaming through their tv, “Are you BLIND??? HE WAS WIDE OPEN!!! HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THAT!!!”.

Tracy is basically a box safety now. He’s great at tackling but doesn’t have the speed to be an eraser deep. AG has gotta stop expecting him to make plays deep. And that’s not just Tracy specifically. Glenn keeps on putting guys in positions to fail.

1 Like

We’re not in disagreement here. But if AG is going to be stubborn, I’d rather have Branch and Walker in the box than I would Harris and Kerby (who needs to worry more about his assignment rather than his splash plays this year. He’s definitely having some 2nd year struggles and part of it might be his own fault).

This I 100% agree with and I really like him. But he’s better served at SS IMO.
You are sitting on not one, but two guys that are better options for that single high deep Safety role in Kerby and Branch. That’s who you should be leaving as the last line of defense. Maybe they were going with the guy that had seen it all. I get that, but Kerby has seen everything too and you went into the game knowing GB and Love love to throw deep shots at you. They did and I think it was a schematic mistake.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.