Man, Kyler Murray seems like a primadonna

He’s “not about nonsense”, but then throws a midnight temper tantrum in which he scrubs the Cardinals from his social media channels.

Yup. Even without the social media stuff, you can see it in his energy. He is a pissy-pants, tantrum-throwing child out there. Not a leader. He’s great, when things are going well (everybody is), but when things start to go sideways, he blames others. Major propensity to melt down.

Cardinals are a team with enough fire power/home run ability where they could win on any given Sunday, and they are dangerous, but I don’t see them going on a major SB run any time soon.

Fitzgerald was SO good for his development. Without that leadership there, he’s not gonna do as well.

4 Likes

Murray’s social media temper tantrum because he didn’t think things were going his way mirrors the Cardinals play on the field. As soon as they hit a bump in the road they melt down. Not sure if that’s Kingsbury or Murray, or a combo, but I think everyone sees that team as soft.

2 Likes

You and I have talked about this a few times. This is my biggest gripe against him. It is how he carries himself and seemingly blames others. I have also heard he can be difficult to interact with…just things I wouldn’t want to deal with if I was a GM. Think there is a fine line between being a leader and an asshole. Pushing your guys to be better and throwing shade and blaming others.

3 Likes

Complaining and throwing a tantrum vs feedback that is usable.

There was a dude in here talking about ppl being butt-hurt by his antics awhile back. This is the same thing. Just general crying and complaining…it’s not butthurting, it’s not influencing, it’s not changing anything…it’s just being pissy-pants and whining/venting. It’s letting your emotions run you like a child throwing a tantrum. That’s not leadership. It’s venting and cycling your energy…very feminine way of being. That’s not going to be effective, if you are trying to lead a group of world class alpha-male athletes…just annoying and something you have to put up with.

1 Like

He’s still only 24, he could mature yet. I see a front runner when I watch Murray. When things are going well, he’s a great teammate. But, the true measure of a man is how he acts in difficult times and that is where Murray needs to grow up.

I also think the NFL has caught up to Kliff’s offense.

2 Likes

“I’m mad that the season didn’t go well so I’m going to break up with my team on Instagram for drama” is absolutely not the kind of leadership that resonates in an nfl locker room

3 Likes

I agree completely. That’s another reason why staying off social media might be a good idea for pro athletes. They get emotional and start posting or deleting stuff without thinking things through. And then it turns into this huge story.

Changing your energetic way of being is more difficult than just learning football. it’s more than just maturing, though maturing is part of it. The stuff we are seeing are patterns that come from his childhood. He can overcome it…I see people do it every day. Usually requires some assistance. He needs someone in his life that won’t kiss his ass and will speak to him in a strong and loving way.

Truthfully, he doesn’t feel like he’s ready for that sort of growth yet.

2 Likes

I agree! He’s probably dominated in every league he’s ever played in. He was a super talented baseball player, the 1st pick in the NFL draft. Basically he’s never learned how to deal with adversity. He’s always been the golden boy. That’s a real challenge that some people just can’t deal with. Trevor Lawrence experienced this with the Jags this year.

2 Likes

Yup, he has been playing with house money his entire life. He was basically already a millionaire having signed that MLB contract playing football at OU. I know he had to give it back didn’t he but then he signed the NFL contract. Life has been good to him and now his coach is EH and his team is in a very hard division and the house money is dried up.

2 Likes

All true. Plus, I’m guessing the league will be trending more toward trying to acquire more handsome QBs, now that Stafford has won a title.

didn’t know that.

You mean more qb’s with hair like Stafford?? Such blasphemy, who took over BigNatty’s account.

2 Likes

My sources tell me he will allow himself to shave his head if he can get one more SB. Right here, right now, in this moment…he doesn’t feel worthy. He’s working on it.

Also…Kelly sees his hairstyle as a natural form of birth control, because they dont want anymore kids, just yet. if he shaved his head, she would be too horny for other activities.

4 Likes

lol

1 Like

Dude, i don’t think Kelly is going to get too hot and bothered…

2 Likes

Not with a half-assed shave job like that…no.

I’m just quoting Kelly. It’s not for me to judge or decide.
She said, if Mathew were to shave her head, she would be too horny to conduct other activities. Further, she said, more children could even more dramatically reduce the amount of time and effort for other productive life activities.

Kell is smarter than many of these dudes give her credit for.

reminds me of Cutler…Murray’s whining.

1 Like

I think this is all about money. Murray wants a new, top-of-market deal, the Cards are in more of a wait-and-see mode.

There are obviously better ways of handling this, but it’s not shocking that there’s some frustration on Murray’s part if he thinks he’s earned a quarter-billion dollar contract like Josh Allen.