Marvin Jones is back

Marvin has been very durable. He will likely get the chance to be the #2 WR options in several games this year.

As a game per average that is only.

2.35 receptions
32.35 receiving yards
0.23 TDs

Personally, i think Marvin Jones is better than Chark. CHark is faster, but Jones has better hands, is tough one on one, and skies in the air like a fish to catch the ball. He’s more durable. He’s more of a red zone threat.

2 Likes

I am much higher on Chark than most. When healthy, he is a legit top 40 NFL WR.

At this point in his career, Marvin Jones is a solid 3rd/4th option in a passing attack, especially if you use him to his strengths.

1 Like

I’m honestly speaking from my memories of him in Detroit. He was so good. Loved that guy. I have watched zero of his play with the Jags. The overrated Lawrence also didn’t help. I don’t know how much he’s regressed. If he has. The Rams are stupid. They should have signed him.

2 Likes

Picking up Marv tells the story. St. Brown, Jamo, Marv, JRey, Kalif, with Kennedy in the bull pen.
Cephus is a goner.

This thread was locked for who knows why… but many of us nailed it!!! @cwilson4281 for sure killed it with the that picture MJ posted.

2 Likes

Me too NotWally… I mean @CatholicNinja.

MJ for life!! :wink:

1 Like

And he was a locker room guy. He’s MCDC all the way. I know the media gets a lot of criticism, and rightfully so sometimes, but he understood his job as a professional. Very much like Quinn back then or now Tracy, ASB, Frank, etc. Good or bad, always made (or now make) themselves available.

Great example is Taylor. Taylor can be the most pissed off guy in the building, but he still “gets it”, still understands his job and still makes himself available.

And that is just another part of what Brad, Dan and the staff are doing. Filling the locker room with “they get it” guys.

Marvin could be on the wrong side of a 30 point loss, but he still understood being a pro. He will add value to the roster on the field and more IN SPADES off of it with all these young guys.

3 Likes

I’m glad to have him but I only see him as insurance. He is durable and available. I think we will be drafting another TE and we will be using a lot of double TE alignments. I expect Mitchell to be the 3rd option after Saint and Jamo. Then Swift and Monty then the new TE and Wright before Marvin. But we have Marvin if St or Jamo go out.

1 Like

Makes me think DJ was never an option to return.

PS why was that thread locked? Aren’t we encouraged to use old threads on the subject not keeping making new ones

2 Likes

No clue brother! but @cwilson4281 has a time machine for sure @Martymcfly2017 was sleeping

2 Likes

Actor’s last name for biff was Wilson.

Sucker Punch Fight GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

tom hanks wilson GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

1 Like

We call uncle, Biff in real life.

Some just call him shitbird.

1 Like

Marvin is smarter. You don’t need separation to get a back shoulder completition 25 yards down the sideline. You just need to be on the same page as your QB, know your reads and catch the ball

3 Likes

wedding crashers comedy GIF

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

Vince Vaughn Movie GIF by filmeditor

wedding crashers comedy GIF

1 Like

Actually i used to go by Sifu or GM Master Sifu. I was part of the gang 2plus years ago. On discord. Older forums. CouchDT was my boy. Online at least. What happened to him?

Bijan and OCyrus

3 Likes

this is interesting to watch… Marvin didn’t have many 50/50 balls this past year… but really got a lot of catches with good route running and savvy to find the open windows.

4 Likes

If the Lions truly are about to be leaders of the division, and noise makers in the playoffs, then for all he’s done for this team I’m happy Jones will be along for the ride.

4 Likes