Marvin Jones Trade Rumors

Patricia and Quinn’s jobs are on the line. I think the only way they trade Marvin is if we are getting another player in return one way or another.

They could trade him for a pick but with a deal in place to add a veteran through another trade, trade Jones for another player straight up, or package Jones with a draft pick for a higher end player.

Stafford needs all the weapons he can get so I’d prefer to not move Jones.

3 Likes

I think that was a fine trade, and fitting. We took Will Harris with that pick, and Will Harris makes every receiver look like Golden Tate. So Golden is still here in spirit.

2 Likes

30+7+16+9+5+5+8 also equals 80.

This checks out.

I can’t see us losing MJ… I’d be surprised

1 Like

I couldn’t see it anymore having gotten Everson Griffen.

Hope he stays… Need depth there. 1 injury and it can be gone.

This. I don’t see them trading away MJ for a draft pick unless it’s a deal they can’t refuse AND they have somebody to replace him. Whose gonna take his place, Hall? Whose the backup, don’t you need a speed threat opposite Golladay that has to be honored? The decision to pick up Griffin tells me this team is trying to go places, so I can’t see they trading MJ when they don’t have a good backup guy to come in and get it done. Maybe they like Boldin or Kennedy or Cephus a lot more than I thought or maybe they’re looking at somebody else to trade for.

1 Like

Yeah, we just don’t have a viable #2 to replace him. There would be such a drop-off in production, that I don’t think we’d even be competitive.

1 Like

I do not WANT it to happen -losing Marvin Jones, but I could see dumb and dumber pissing him off and doing that.

Myself as well. We need every weapon available that knows this offense and Stafford.

2 Likes

A couple DT’s that would be interesting in a trade with the mentioned teams. Ironically both with the same first name… Wouldn’t mind starting either of these guys ahead of Nick Williams and both of those teams have good depth at DT.

Sheldon Rankins NO
Sheldon Richardson CLE

1 Like

MJ isn’t going anywhere. Dude was dancing in the locker room celebration video. He seems happy to me. :grin:

1 Like