Matthew Stafford has powered L.A. to Super Bowl contention. The tough times in Detroit helped prepare him. - mlive.com

And then Goff started sucking ass. And now they traded for Stafford and are Super Bowl contenders.

1 Like

Right now, Rams are most likely going to play away for a WC game vs Dallas or GB. Tough call at this point of the season.

Also - Rams are 4-0 so far against teams 3-3 or worse records wise.

They are only .500 against two teams with a winning record……

Imho they still have a lot to prove when thinking SB.

5 Likes

They went to the playoffs and won a game.
I wish Stafford had sucked ass that bad even once when he was here.

Yeah, we’ll see if Jared Goff can win us a playoff game this year :rofl:

1 Like

If he does, it will be his eleventh in a row!! :crazy_face:

Position : QB

Drafted out of : Georgia

Drafted by : Detroit Lions

Career earnings : $246,506,037

One thing to know : Matthew Stafford spent 12 years with the Detroit Lions, putting up stellar numbers for a team that just couldn’t win. Paired with Calvin Johnson for the first half of his career, Stafford was a force, including a 2011 season where he threw for 5,083 yards and 41 touchdowns. Now with the Rams, Stafford is leading a Super Bowl contender.

2 Likes

Well Stafford couldn’t do it in 12 years rofl.

1 Like

The minute the trade became official, Goff had already matched the number of playoff wins Stafford had as a Lion.

2 Likes

If only we had Jared Goff!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Would he have as many playoff wins as Stafford after 12 years?

1 Like

We do!
If only we had the Rams to go with him.

1 Like

The Rams don’t want to play with Jared, remember? They kicked him off the island for a better QB.

No but we’d have significantly better draft position the last 12 years.

1 Like

That I will agree with :laughing:

Once again. Stafford asked to be traded and in one of the classiest moves this half ass organization has ever done….they managed to get 2 first round picks and a third rounder for him. Don’t really care about Goff. This team wasn’t winning shit anyways. Just give me the number one pick and thibodeaux.

1 Like

No, I remember McVay putting the teams lack of a Super Bowl win on Goff.
It’s ridiculous that I even have to throw this in, but, I’m not hanging on Goff’s jock strap. I just don’t believe he can be fairly evaluated under the current conditions.
I don’t believe he’s the best, or even a top 5. I just see a winning record prior to his arrival in Detroit. I know this teams history, better than I’d like to admit, and know that Goff can’t possibly have taken that much of a step backward at 26.
Again, I look at Goff’s history, then compare it to the Detroit Lions history, and it all comes in crystal clear.
The Same Old Lions, with a different QB.

1 Like

This is a point I don’t think has been discussed much here.

When the Rams played the Bucs… the Bucs didn’t have JPP or Murphy-Bunting, plus lost Jamel Dean in the 1st quarter to injury. They had to play their 4th and 5th CBs for most of the game, and Dee Delaney got a “welcome to the NFL” moment from the Rams. Obviously… the Bucs defense didn’t look too good in that game.

The Rams defense has taken a step back in 2021, though has been opportunistic against below-average QBs (hello Dalton, Wentz).

Aaron Donald has played 60 snaps or more in 5 of their 6 games so far in 2021.

He played >/= 60 snaps in only 5 games in 2020… and ended up injured during the Packers playoff game.

IMO… an injury to Donald, Floyd, or Ramsey makes the Rams defense a liability.
Lots of eggs… very few baskets.

And the current Rams QB kicked the Lions off the island.

There is one constant here: McVay.

I would suggest stop hyping Goff’s winning percentage vs winning teams. And I would also suggest the morons to stop pointing out Stafford’s record vs winning teams. This trade shows the absolute idiocy of thinking there is big value in looking at that. Yes, if EVERYTHING ELSE WAS EQUAL this might be relevant. Its like a making an correlation between ice cream sales and shark attacks or what the stock market does after a certain team wins the Super Bowl. Or that the best spellers usually have the biggest feet. Saying a QB is good or bad based on his winning percentage vs winning teams only helps if the teams are roughly equal. I certainly think there is value in whether a player is clutch, but that is not what were talking about here.

Sorry, this Goff BS is my trigger I guess. The guy was broken before he got here. And while might not have helped him out with our WR selection this year, he has played poorly and its not the Lions fault entirely. Everybody acts like Detroit had great WR with Stafford. Not really. Megatron was clearly great, but Stafford made them all better. What did Tate do after he left? What has Galloday done? Who was Marvin Jones before he came to Detroit?

3 Likes

You lost me when you implied it was moronic to talk about Stafford and his winning percentage against winning teams. Jesus Christ it’s like you can’t talk about the realities of Matthew Stafford around here. You think it’s a done deal that Matt’s already won the SB….he hasn’t. He’s not even in first place in his division and in his biggest game this year he didn’t play that well. There’s still alot of football to play.

2 Likes