Maybe it’s just me…

But is anyone else excited that the packers were stupid enough to hire joe Barry to be their defensive coordinator?

8 Likes

To be perfectly honest, I’d feel better if they tried to hire Chuck Berry, or John Barry…even straw berry.
Packers + Refs will always make me nervous.

4 Likes

Why are you nervous? We’re not going to contend this year. That much was obvious week one. There’s just not enough talent on this roster yet. So right now we’re playing with house money. If we beat the packers great. If we lose we’re closer to a high draft pick. So sit back, drink a cold one and watch our young roster learn and improve.

3 Likes

[quote=“najacks, post:3, topic:11849”]
So sit back, drink a cold one and watch our young roster learn and improve.
[/quot

Perfect analogy of what this season for us Lions fans should be doing! This rebuild is gonna take time and the most important thing is hitting on draft picks and development of those prospects. I love this yrs draft picks we have. Sucks about Okudah but injuries happen. I think our staff is on the right track but this is gonna take time

1 Like

I am extremely grateful for that hire. He was historically bad for us. I was shocked and elated when it happened. Let’s see if we can run the ball down their throats this week. We have to keep Erin off the field regardless of his shitty performance last week.

3 Likes

Intellectual side of me - in perfect harmony with that statement. I do release the energy of it quickly too…buuuut…while the game is on - I get nervous excitement. Love that feeling too. No desire to lose that. :wink:

Screw GB and the cheese-loving refs

6 Likes

Agreed, man.
This year:
-Install the playbook
-Build the culture
-Let the OL gel
-DL gel
Next year
-Install more talent
-Vets can help rooks and new FA learn playbook, build the culture, understand the philosophy
-Now that we actually have the LB unit in place, they gel
-Now that we have WRs, they learn the way, as well as develop timing and “feel” for the QB
-Whip enough ass to be borderline playoffs
Year after that
-Whip ass Chuck Norris/Jack Fox style
-Few key pieces added to help us contend, and we are friggin’ ready to play with the big boys

1 Like

A single draft pick a couple spots higher doesn’t fix a massive talent deficit. It’s a complete fallacy that a single draft pick can fix a team. The Lions need to start showing promise now.

1 Like

Ive started watching the red zone a lot more and then watching the Lions on game pass. Love the Red Zone and no commercials. The cool thing about the Lions now is although the play is very similar to what we have seen the last few years…we now have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL. We also seem to have a plan in place and hopefully we can start developing some of these young players.

I see the truth in the middle. A high draft pick, is a high draft pick in every round, so there’s that.
Also - you are ABSOLUTELY correct that they won’t be competitive as a result of a high draft pick (even if it’s in every round).

I think we contend in 2 years, but compete for playoffs next year.
This year sorta is what it is.

How that guy got another DC job is amazing and has to speak to the coaching network in the NFL. Not saying he couldn’t have gotten better or improved from before, but my goodness… im sure there are a lot of equally qualified and smarter position coaches and assistants who were equally if not more deserving of that job.

By no means under the great blue sky am I complaining!!! Just a thought lol…

It does when you’re talking about possibly drafting a quarterback. Outside of that you’re right. Although you stand a better chance of landing true impact players in the top 10 picks.

3 Likes

Listen it makes a huge difference! It allowed us to take Ebron over Aaron Donald. There’s no way we get our TE if we didn’t have that pick to make!!

Seriously though. Its the difference between Chase Young and Okudah. I want the highest draft pick possible but you still have got to have a front office that makes the right pick

2 Likes