Miami tried trading for Stafford last year

1 Like

Because Stafford is a stud and Gase can see that.

Or, that actually never went down because Patricia is a Stafford lover.

“It’s been great for me to watch (Bevell) and Jeff Davidson, someone who’s been with me for a while going back to New England, to watch those two work together and kind of build the offense,” Patricia said. “I’ll just be real excited when we get to that point where we can then have the conversation with the players, because to be honest with you, that’s the best part, when you sit down with the players and get an opportunity eventually here to sit down with a Matt Stafford and say, ‘Hey, what do you like? What works for you? These players on our team do this really well. How do we fit these pieces together?’”

2 Likes

Pick one, lol

That Bevell and Davidson comment is key. That speaks volumes about last year and the offensive ineptitude.

Couldn’t do it then. Big time cap hit and no player.

IF (not saying “when” for all you super defensive Stafford Believers) we do it, it makes much more financial sense to do it in 2020 when we’d get significant cap relief and the trade partner can get a better deal allowing for more payoff.

We might need to draft a potential starter for QB even if for no other reason than to mitigate for injury. Having Foles was everything to the Eagles (even though f- them for suggesting we lose the Thanksgiving day game).

At the time, cap space was a huge issue. Even 2019 we’d have to pay more money to have him not on the roster. Not a good deal. And we’re still 1 year away of rebuilding. Stafford is already paid for. so…