Michigan Panthers unis

I don’t mind the unis. But I don’t think this new USFL format is going to work.

This team is a Michigan team in name only. They’re all going to play down in Birmingham.

Why would I feel any connection to this team at all?

They should have held off on starting the league until they had local stadium deals in place.

So apparently the draft is tonight. They have a position specific draft order. The Michiganders have the 1st pick in the 1st round, which means they get the best quarterback on the board. Which means CHAMPIONSHIP!

Day 1

Round 1: Quarterbacks
Rounds 2-4: Edge rushers/defensive ends
Rounds 5-7: Offensive tackles
Round 8-11: Cornerbacks
Round 12: Quarterbacks

Day 2

Rounds 13-17: Wide receivers
Rounds 18-19: Safeties
Round 20: Centers
Round 21: Inside linebackers
Rounds 22-23: Offensive guards
Rounds 24-26: Defensive tackles and nose tackles
Rounds 27-28: Running backs and fullbacks
Rounds 29-31: Outside linebackers
Round 32: Kickers
Round 33: Punters
Round 34: Tight ends/H-backs
Round 35: Long snappers

In total, 280 players will be selected during the inaugural USFL Draft. They will fill 35 of each team’s 38 roster spots, so teams will each have to add 10 players after the draft. Three to fill out the roster and seven for the practice squad.

1 Like

[quote=“BigNatty, post:9, topic:14434”] I’m cutting back on my sports intake, every year. Sure do love the Lions though.
[/quote]

It’s funny you say that. I’ve been following same path the last few years. I love sport and competition, but I can only digest so much anymore. I purchased the Centre Ice package I so I can watch the Red Wings out here in Denver, but that’s about. I’m enjoying their rebuild as well. Like you say brother, we’ve got some good humans trying turn things around for our teams.

1 Like

Love it, man. Really fun to watch and follow. Loving the journey of it all.

1 Like

Likewise my man.

1 Like

Speaks to the talent level of this league.

1 Like

Minor League football.
Not the worst thing in the world.

The League is set up the first couple years to just focus on brand building…cashflows from TV and sports gambling cut and licensing. Take a couple years to build a fanbase with local connection players.

Expect more Woverines/Spartans/Bronxos/Chips and whatever dipshit name they switched EMU to…

1 Like

I vote to change the name to the Michigan Pimp Slappers, in honor of Juwan Howard.

dave chappelle slap GIF

1 Like

Someone needs to send Howard a Rick James jersey

1 Like

Get Nate Diaz for their marketing!

Nate Diaz Sport GIF by UFC

I’m curious now and it sounds like you might know,

Are Juwan Howard and Will Smith friends? Sparring parters? Anything like that?

1 Like