Mike Disner in trouble?

Detroit Lions Chief Operating Officer Mike Disner has been accused of involvement in an alleged burner phone scheme run by the Arizona Cardinals in 2018.

According to a court filing obtained by Compare.bet, Disner allegedly gave burner phones to prominent members of the organization to communicate with suspended general manager Steve Keim.
https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/mike-disner-allegations-burner-phones-arizona-cardinals

1 Like

Why are we never allowed to have or keep nice things??

1 Like

That dude has been amazing for organizing our salary cap situation.

1 Like

He probably did this by orders of Bidwell and Keim.

Remember, Bidwell and Keim were/are best friends.

3 Likes

That’s what the article says.

The arbitration filing, which was obtained by Compare.bet, alleges that Disner — who was then the Cardinals’ VP of Football Administration — distributed five burner phones at the direction of owner Michael Bidwill and General Manager Steve Keim at the start of Keim’s five-week suspension for DUI, in which Keim was supposed to be prohibited from contact with the team.

In modern day where everyone has a smart phone and access to the internet 24/7 is a suspended GM really not going to have contact with the team. Give me a freaken break on that one NFL. That’s like saying Jamo isn’t going to have any contact with the Lions during his 6 game suspension. Yea right!

3 Likes

It shouldn’t impact the Lions unless they want it to impact them. They seem happy with Disner.

4 Likes

He was following orders. He deserves a slap on the hand, at worst.
This should not have any effect on his current employment status, or employer.
What was he supposed to do, quit? Yeah, right.
He didn’t break the law.

1 Like

If the league suspended him we could just give him a burner phone, right?

9 Likes

The first rule of “Burner Phone” is don’t ■■■■■■■ talk about “Burner Phone”

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

3 Likes

I know that it ain’t cool to violate the NFL’s arbitrary rules but what’s the despicable crime here?

Let’s say its all true. GM driving drunk is dumb and dangerous so he might have a drinking problem that’s on him. But his staff deciding to keep in touch with him hurts who in what way?

Seriously, how does talking to Kiem during his suspension hurt anyone?

2 Likes

If only he had hair, he’d have made better decisions. At least he kept his clothes on and didn’t even go to Wendy’s!

The NFL said, “no”.
Now, imagine your employer told you that you couldn’t communicate with a laid off employee?
I’ve been in a similar situation. I was middle management and my employer didn’t like that I took fishing weekends with my coworkers who were not management. Basically, choose my job or my friends.
I had a new job, with both a raise and a higher ranking title two weeks later, and their Customer Satisfaction dropped like a rock.
I also went on to win 3 more Quality Repair Challenges. They didn’t take into consideration that those friendships were the glue.
I still went on fishing trips with those guys. Instead of having relaxed, friendly talks about how we could get better, I listened to them bitch about the tyrant our boss had become.
I didn’t need to say a word.
A few years later, he was gone.

Can’t tell if this makes
Me think the Calvin thing is settled or if it’s just getting started

Mafia

Don’t quote me boy I ain’t said shyt
-eazy e

1 Like

We worry about the kids we draft being involved in gangs and drugs. But its one of our executives that gets popped for distribution.

GIF by Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad Trailer GIF

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.