Mike Evans

Thomas didn’t run a great time at the combine, his pro day results were much better.

Michael Thomas might have just made himself more money. Some hand times had him at 4.43 in the 40 this morning.

STRENGTHS

Has the triangle numbers (height/weight/speed) of a WR1. Drives off the line of scrimmage selling his vertical push and forcing cornerbacks into passive position. Uses plus separation quickness at top of his route to provide comfortable passing window. Hands catcher who catches away from his frame when possible. Wasn’t asked to work vertically much, but tape looks like he has a shot. Has the juice after catch to make defenses pay the price for missed tackles. Real red zone target who stacks the defender, tracks throw out of quarterback’s hand and makes late play on the ball over top of defender. Has desired traits and flashes the tools.

Pro day results have been rigged for decades. Give Michael Thomas 100 tries at the 40 at the combine in Indy, and he will never run a “fast” time. That’s not his game, and while speed is an asset, its not a determining factor in terms of NFL success as a WR. That’s my point. But every single year, people completely overreact to 40 times at the combine.

I still remember the early practice reports of Michael Thomas with the Saints. He was getting into fights with players because he was taking practice TOO damn serious. LOL. How you like him now?

Yep, I can show you plenty of examples of players who ran slow and failed too.
I got two words for ya, Teez Tabor!. …and somehow he was the only guy who couldn’t figure out how to rig his pro day time, I guess.