Misjudged the Packers forum

I went to a packers forum and fully expected to read a bunch of cocky trash talk fans. I was completely wrong. I have to give them some respect. They are definitely show the lions some respect, at least to the thread i went to. They do think Stafford will fold but thats the only thing i disagreed with. To any Packers fan that come here know that i will feel a little bad for you when we win Monday. :smile:

When I used to go over to the Packers forum there was a divide in how the fans viewed the team and football in general. The older fans were more down to earth and they remembered what it was like to suck. It was the younger fans that were the cocky a-holes.

2 Likes

I was actually really surprised. I can see the younger ones being more cocky though like you said. I was when i younger. lol Not sure why they think Stafford cant come back if they get a lead. Hes the come back kid.

I just started checking out other teams forums. Some are show a little more respect for the lions. Kinda nice to read. I was however going there to listen to some trash talking though. lol

Which forum?

Someone posted “portal to the other side” and I read a little bit - I had the same experience. Mostly objective & honest talk, through the lens of loving their team.

Once, I was on a project about an hour north of Chicago. We had lots of Bear fans, some Viking fans, and some Packer fans there (plus me). I literally was wearing a Lions hard hat. I was the boss, so it didn’t get too rough, but it was fun to see all of the representation from other teams - good people. Just fun, with very little real arrogance.

1 Like
1 Like

Do Packer fans have a bit less confidence in beating Detroit than the experts? Earlier I mentioned I asked 12 diehard (or close to) to bet $50 on the game… Final was 5 of 12 took it or changed it to a lower amount, 2 never got back to me!

‘Experts’ took the Packers at 92%. https://nflpickwatch.com/

Edit: Bets were never official… More of a ‘survey’. Lol

I always considered Hyatt to be really objective.

Hyatt is one of the older Packers fans that definitely see’s the big picture.

1 Like

Yup - Hyatt is a good dude! He used to come here all the time.

1 Like

We used to PM back in the day, always thought he was never just a homer. There are plenty of Packer fans that don’t like him because he tells it like it is.

1 Like

yeah I always liked Hyatt popping in once in awhile and posting, maybe he shows up here…but I always thought he was a quality poster and person to.

2 Likes

Well we have beat them 4 in a row. That’s a humbling experience.

1 Like

Yep - and been 7 & 4 in the last 11 games. My son in law is a Packers fan and he used to talk smack (in fun). Not anymore - He recognizes that Detroit plays well against the Pack and we have some honest solid discussions. Amazing what winning can do.

1 Like