Missed the game...questions

He’s been impressive for a waiver claim. When he was out injured, his absence was noticed. He’s interesting because he can play D-end on run downs and then move him inside on passing downs. His snap counts have went way up in recent weeks. He played 57 snaps yesterday.

2 Likes

Most of that came in one or 2 plays the rest of the time he look below avg. to me the guy seem to lack vision. I comented on it twice during the game. Other than the kick off return and the 1 good run, the rest he wasn’t very good lacks power inside and vision to find the hole. But maybe I missed a run or two because he avg 7 yrds a carry. But most them yrds come from his 27 yrder.

1 Like

He’s not a power runner at all, that’s not his game. Any running back who has averaged 5.0 yards per carry over a 5 year career with 230 carries deserves some touches.

During the Lions 3 game winning streak, Jackson has 17 carries for 107 yards, 6.3 yards per carry. I’ll take that from a backup RB any Sunday. Even if you take away the 27 yard run yesterday, he’d still be at 16 carries for 80 yards, still at 5 yards per carry. He’s been very productive recently, hope he keeps it up.

3 Likes

Consistently awesome-to-good, bro!

Combination of both - he DEFINITELY looked improved (truthfully, more effort, as that dude is pretty talented, IMO)

GOAT - 2 thunder bombs that sent the return man reeling backwards, a nice pin deep, and a shanked one too.

Looks like his head isn’t entirely in the game, to me. Not a naturally tough player. ULTRA talented, and ULTRA injured. I think thy’re putting him on a pitch count because he’s made of filament glass.

Good, but I don’t trust it. He’s definitely not Bear, but he’s got potential as a depth guy.

He had one amazing play that was impactful. Bad pass from Goff, he went low to catch it…fell…got back up and got Nice yardage. Effort is sporadic with him, IMO. I’m all about keeping him as a depth guy for the right price…orrrrrr maybe he can improve (not as confident in that).

Defense looks muuuch improved. WRs more covered…more often. QB simultaneously pressured AND CONTAINED (IKR? Shocker)

Woooord.
Kerby runner up for DROY!
Hutch DROY.

3 Likes

Rodrigo in 3rd place!! A man can dream! Screw Sauce!

2 Likes

Definitely a football player, wired with warrior mentality. Definitely not a “pretty” WR that relies purely on skill, route running etc. Zero prima donna 100% Bad MF’r

I envision this dude shaving his head in the offseason.

2 Likes

Maybe not his head, but he will def be shaving his chest like his pops!!! The St. Brown DNA is legit! Maybe a few extra prayers and vitamins as well… haha

2 Likes

Trust me, brother. :wink:
He’s almost shaving it now…he’s got the itch. Dude like that don’t give a flying truck about having “pretty hair”

2 Likes

Yes
Perhaps
Yes
:clown_face:
OK
maybe
YES !
yes

Anytime weezy.

1 Like

He is very hesitant to follow his blocks up the middle. Just like training camp.
I know he’s been hurt, but, I think he just dreads contact. It’s nothing haven’t been seeing.

1 Like

Wow. we must have watched 2 different games.
I think I read 2 QB pressures all game.

2 Likes

It sucks that tweets don’t show up any more but click on this one for a comment by an opposing player regarding Detroit. SIAP

https://twitter.com/DETsports__/status/1594818935157035009?s=20&t=TqZHU5sjAbnqIbqfO2L4Sg

1 Like

2 Likes

If the above comment is accurate I believe it also goes to show that DC hasn’t lost this team and has them believing.

1 Like

two overall? No. Sewell got beat once. I remember Rags getting tossed aside at least once by Lawerence. And I think Skipper allowed five himself and two hits. Skipper finished with a pass blocking grade of Zero

True - and - it’s always been there with him. He naturally doesn’t like contact, but he’s playing with some bumps’n’bruises, so it’s gotten worse as the season wears on. I don’t know if he’s hurt or injured, but he’s damn sure protecting against contact.

1 Like

Offensive line: A

There were a couple of bad penalties on this unit, including a questionable block in the back on Penei Sewell and an unnecessary roughness on Jonah Jackson, but that’s about it in terms of bad things.

The Giants bolstered a strong defensive front, including quite possibly the best nose tackle in football, and they ran the ball all game and kept Goff clean. Or, as NFL.com put it:

“Jared Goff was blitzed 16 times and took zero sacks in Week 11.”

Goff took just three quarterback hits on the day, too, and that was with right guard Evan Brown leaving the game early with an ankle injury.

Nothing in there about only two total overall pressures.

From the Snap count article:

“Skipper was hit for allowing five pressures and two quarterback hits. And while the analytics site was sort of OK with the 6-foot-10 lineman’s work on the ground, they handed him a 0.0 pass-blocking grade.”

The Lions have had a strange Oline all year. Top ten in run blocking and bottom ten in pass blocking. Though better of late, ESPN has us at 18th best pass blocking oline up from 22nd a few weeks ago

This tells me the Lions play calling and Goff have done a good job of scheming around pressure and getting rid of the ball quickly

1 Like

DVOA tells the story. That ASR is 2nd only to the Bucs. Getting the ball out quick.

1 Like

Interesting too that we have the worst power rank and power success in that screenshot for run blocking. If I’m reading that right

1 Like