Mocks starting to make more sense…. Finally!

I’m not saying any of these are “accurate,” or that we are LIKLEY to trade down as they predict… but finally the players I’ve expected to be gone in the top 20 are finally being projected there.

When fans realize that L Van Ness is 6’5” and 275 and will likely run a 4.7 forty it will turn heads…. The. Factor that his 34” arms will be viewed as an asset, and all we have left is production…. Red shirted… then 2 years of play- but in rotation and just over 900 career snaps- 71 pressures… 18 TFL and 13.5 sacks.

For reference- Hutch based that many snaps just in in senior year….

• right now I’d love to trade down to #9 and add #39
  1. Lukas Van Ness
  2. B Branch
  3. Darnell Wright (ideal RG til he moves to RT?)
  4. Mazi Smith
  5. K Benton
  6. Chase Brown
  7. AT Perry
  8. DTR
  9. LB
  10. Kicker
  • I’m trading down twice if I’m Holmes. I like 4-5 year cheap contracts vs 1-2 yr free agent roulette.

• I believe we are able to start looking at traits and strengths to “money ball” some spots.

Van Ness and Hutch are both stout against the run, and sit at 540 combined at edge with elite athleticism and off the charts motors. Having Paschal and Houston rotating is SICK!!!

Mazi and McNeill could anchor on run downs, and rotating in Benton and Buggs adds some versatility.

A nascar package of Houston, Paschal, Van Ness and Hutch is 4 guys with sun 1.65 burst in the 10 yd!!!

Our DL get super cheap, lots of years under contract, lots of depth…. Branch as a heavy nickel fixes a great weakness we had.

Free agency sign CFJ and Troy Hill

3 Likes

Can we please call them “pythons?”
…Hulk Hogan would

1 Like

I understand but what Holmes want doesn’t make it happen.

I will be happy with one move down in Rd one I think it could be with Houston at 12 Why is because they have many picks an after they get there QB they may want to add another top 10 pick.

Mocks after free agency an combine will be easier to get close. Only UFA I would like is Lavonte David LB he would be a leader of are whole D an have the respect of the D The D will have mostly young players he will show them the way. 2022 he played all 17 games an played 95.9 % of the snaps …His stats are worth the at least two year deal.

3 Likes

I have a hard time with these trade scenarios. I mean out of all the mock drafts last year did anyone even consider Brad Holmes trades up with the Vikings for Jamo?

We’ve got 5 picks in the first 100 I believe. With what we’ve seen from Holmes so far I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets us 4 starters. Hopefully this is the year we can get some serious talent in our secondary.

Again not knocking trade scenarios but I just have a hard time seeing them happen.

5 Likes

Only Aqib Talib predicted that trade up for Jamo

2 Likes

That was pretty awesome! Lol I think he even surprised himself.

If you can accurately predict trade ups or trade downs, I’d argue your time would be better spent picking numbers for the Mega Millions

4 Likes

You guys mind if we call the heavy nickel the “buffalo Nickel”?

1. It strikes me as funny as hell.
  2. Reminds me of my grandpa (he collected coins)

2 Likes

The Colts trade up to 1 and take Will Levis? Nope still not feeling sorry for them.

I have an old saying that if you feel like you have to list off a guys height/weight/speed numbers at the beginning of explaining who he is and why you want him…then he’s probably not a very good football player. And that’s not something I was smart enough to invent. Its just an observation I have made over the years on football forums.

1 Like

They won’t need to fly him in on a jet. He can take a cab.

And that Iowa fans seem to want nothing to do with drafting him…

Personally i am ignorant as i have not studied him. But i dont hear anything good from the Iowa fan base.

Not in the first and why take a guy who is just more of the same?

Especially not knowing Holmes thought process

deleted

1 Like

Don’t worry. He’s not very productive. I wouldn’t even research him, no matter what his measurables are until the 4th rd.

He has 18 TFL and 13.5 sacks in 900 snaps. He was a rs sophomore.

1 Like

Look at his numbers through his 3rd year in school compared to Hutch’s.

I bet if he went back to school and started full time in 2023a he’d have had 16 plus TFL and 10 plus sacks.

1 Like

That’s what I think he should do. Go back one more year and really stand out.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.