Most improved Lion?

Slow time of year, thought I’d throw this out there:

Which Lion do you predict will take the biggest step forward (i.e. most improved).

I thought about a couple options – mostly on D - Barnes (hopefully!), Okudah (hopefully), JOkwara (time to step up!), even Jarrad Davis (wouldn’t that be nice). Levi O might be a popular choice – nowhere to go but up. A couple on Offense too - Swift, Sewell, Cephus.

But I’m going to go with a vet who I think is due to break out: Taylor Decker. One reason is that he only played half a season last year; his body has to be reasonably fresh. Second is he’s going to be playing with a high caliber unit. for the first time ever. And I think he’s gone under the radar, he should be motivated to take it up a notch. Pro Bowl season for Decker.

Who is your bet for most improved Lion?

For me it has to be Okudah since he’s played very little, just staying healthy and be a decent corner would be a big plus for us.

6 Likes

I’d bet on Jared Goff.

8 Likes

Okudah is the guy for me as I’ve said I think he proves to be a top 15 CB this year.

Since he was already mentioned though, I am going with an unorthodox name and that is Swift.

Most people think he is a solid RB. Okay runner, better receiver. With the WRs we added, there is going to be so much more running room. Add in a top notch o line and I think he makes the pro bowl.

4 Likes

Goff by a Mile.
Hope he’s followed by Levi & Okudah.

Goff is a slam dunk for most improved, unless you want to count Ragnow’s injury. LOL.

2 Likes

Most “improved” is Levi.
Comeback player of the year is Okudah.

4 Likes

I think it’s Levi. The new attack oriented scheme fits with his strengths. I’m sticking to my guns in that I think he’ll look more like the comp I had for him which was Nick Fairly light.

4 Likes

that’s a better way of putting it. tough to judge improvement when you were injured the previous year.
I guess Levi’s bar is so low, that if he doesn’t improve he’s gone.

1 Like

I’m going with Alim McNeal! He had a decent rookie season, I see him blowing it up this year.
Does 5-6 sacks, double digit TFL from I-DL sound impressive enough?

2 Likes

That would be great to see. Maybe with Hutch and Pascal, he’s not doubled so much this year.

2 Likes

What about improving the cheerleaders please?! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

LOL

Since its “most improved” I’ll go with Levi. He played a lot but you have no reason to have noticed, and they just changed the scheme to one that fits his strengths.

2 Likes

dallas cowboys cmt GIF by Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

like this?

3 Likes

Lots of names that, if they improved significantly, would greatly increase the W total.

I hope it’s a tough debate at the end of the season because so many improved.

Goff is the surest bet because of all the talent upgrades vs the beginning of last season.

Okudah is a great choice on defense — hopefully with a second preseason of high quality coaching he starts hitting expectations.

1 Like

The fans.

1 Like

If that happens and AO stays healthy we’d have our best starting corners since what, the late 1960s.

1 Like

I think Jermar Jefferson will be the most improved Lion. He didn’t play special teams and rarely pass blocked at Oregon State. Both areas needed lots of work, and so he was active for only 4 games in which he averaged 4.9 yards in his 15 carries. Between that, injuries, and Craig Reynolds flashing, JJ became an afterthought. I think he will cut into Swift and Williams’s playing time and together they’ll form a deep versatile RB room.

2 Likes

This would be a fun surprise.

1 Like

Sewell, he will be an All Pro this year. One of the youngest ever

6 Likes