My 3 round draft right now Fills needs

Yeah he very well could be

This is a joke?
Watson isn’t coming here. Not willingly.

So now my other question would be, we play a lot of Nickel, so do you think it would be smart to use a 1st round pick on someone who would be our 3rd LB and only see the field 25% of the time?

Sounds great but Catalon isn’t sniffing round 3 unless he runs really, really poorly. Great haul of players though. Banks doesn’t really do it for me. I’d prefer Tolbert over Doubs but neither is likely available that late.

For this type of draft (needs) I’d probably go something like:

Daryl Stingley CB LSU
George Pickens WR UGA
Carson Strong QB NEV
Brandon Joseph SS NW
Kyler Gordon CB WASH

1 Like

All good picks too, like Pickens alot. Don’t know much about about Gordon but all others sound good.

1 Like

Those guys don’t grow on trees, I’m not sure anyone in this draft fits. Olave probably comes closest but I wouldn’t call him a speed demon. In fact I’m not sure any of the top guys are speed demons. You have to wait for the Calvin Austins and Wan’Dale Robinsons of the draft for that. Maybe Jameson Williams blazes a 40, but while he’s really twitchy and explosive, I’m still not sure about his long speed.

I love me some Brandon Joseph. Pretty sure he’s gonna be one of my draft crushes this year.

Excellent!

Wan’Dale isn’t a speed demon. He’s got moves for days and is incredible inside the phone booth so to speak but he’s likely a mid to high 4.4 guy.

Austin fits for sure. Roberson as well. Jameson Williams is probably the fastest of the top tier guys.

Let’s see what happens in Free Agency. If we don’t get a number 1 then I’m far more focused on polish than anything else.

That’s why I’ve been focused on Bell and Olave. Olave certainly separates more so I think that’s my preference but I view Bell as so damn safe. I’m fine with London, Tolbert or Burks as well.

In general I really like the safety class.

Olave is definitely my favorite but I just don’t see any way we’re able to draft him without a trade down or trade up. He’s going in the teens probably.

My second favorite is probably London, but he’s moving up draft boards too. Both Kiper and Nate Tice have him #1. I think he might go in that 10-24 range that is kinda difficult for us this year. Burks is probably the same.

I like Bell a lot too and I think he’ll be in range of our 1b and 2 picks. I wouldn’t be utterly shocked if Wilson fell that far too. I like Tolbert too but until I can get better video of him I can’t really form a final opinion. Like what I see at the line and catch point though.

Wan’Dale looked faster to my eye but I often gaffe on speed with the eye test (I thought Duvernay looked slow, remember, and I thought Chuba would blaze a 4.3 or so). So maybe he doesn’t belong in that speed list.

I still can’t believe people are considering taking Stingley that high. When is the last time taking a CB that high was worth the pick? A DE puts direct pressure on the QB, forcing bad decisions and pressuring bad throws. It is a far more valuable position when evaluating top talent.

Maybe he’s dropped rate or something but at Nebraska he got chased down from behind often. He’s definitely not slow and his quicks are off the charts. That said he’s merely a decent slot guy at the pro level IMO. If an OV is really creative and uses out of the backfield as well then I think perhaps there’s more there but I don’t see Wandale as a solution to our issues. He’s a blast to watch though.

Forget about Dotson. If we’re looking for separators then he has to be on the list.

Gun to my head I think London is my preference. But that might change if we got a guy like ARob or Sutton in free agency. If so then the idea of having a guy that you can throw to when covered is mighty appealing and in that context I think he’s a pretty rare player. But if he runs 4.5ish I think he goes top ten.

Oh I wouldn’t draft Wan’Dale, well, not til very late. He’s basically a dart throw as a prospect and we need more than that.

The thing I love about Tolbert is he’s a big time hands catcher and combined that with both at least average (I think better than average to be honest) YAC and high pointing/contested catch skill sets.

But while I think there is #1 WR upside there no way am I depending on him to be that. If we get a top tier free agent then I think Tolbert fits perfect.

I’m not as high on Dotson as others. He reminds me of like, a Van Jefferson. It’s not an exact comp, but good route-runner able to get open and a good athlete, but he’s small and not strong at all. I’m not sure how tough he is either. He might be slot only and we already have a slot only guy in St. Brown.

Not sure how I forgot Tyquan Thornton when talking about burners. Very similar to MVS. I think he might even be a tick faster and probably has better WR skills. Not physical at all though so he’s going to get jammed a lot until he can figure that out.

Dotson isn’t my favorite either. Personally I’m not focused on deep threats. We just need multiple good WRs. If one of those is a burner that would be ideal but I’m mostly just looking for competency out of that position group.