My biggest concern with all this positive press

I mean the NFL and media everywhere, while they’re not saying we’re winning the superbowl, is saying how much more improved we’re going to be. How the staff has us headed in the right direction, etc.

But if we come out and get throttled by philly, which is definitely possible, I think all that press will turn in a heartbeat and we’ll be SoL … once again.

Not to mention the fanbase would heave a huge old collective sigh.

1 Like

I have the solution! Beat Philly! Problem solved!

Koolaid time!

Trailer Park Boys Beer GIF by hero0fwar

5 Likes

is it weird being on pins and needles waiting to see what this team looks like? they had flashes last year but it’s almost like watching a scary movie thru your fingers.

8 Likes

Now you know how I watch every game, especially the 4th Quarter. It’s misery and agony, but it’s still hard to look away.

happy fun GIF by Guava Juice

3 Likes

We are not getting my throttled…

I just know that one sweet day, this team will be good.
Why not today?

4 Likes

What positive press? Outside of Lions media it seems like everyone still thinks we’re a joke. It feels like they’re still laughing at us and not with us.

Go to youtube. There are fans of other teams saying we’re the next big team.
And, there are a lot of talking heads that are warming up, if not drinking the Koolaid.
The level of disrespect is lower than it’s been in a very long time.
Most are citing, 1) Holmes drafts, 2) Campbell and his player/coaches and their authenticity.
We’ve had two great drafts in a row, and have added the right personalities in FA and the draft.

3 Likes

Dang I hope that doesn’t happen. My boss lives in Philadelphia and is a big Eagles fan. I had to sit through that drubbing last year at Ford field. I’ve been talking shit to him ever since that we are going to beat the hell out of them. If they do get throttled by the Eagles I’m not sure how much more I could take.

2 Likes

download

2 Likes

don’t get me wrong, ON PAPER this team can stand up to philly, and come out ahead especially at home.

but if it comes down to us having a 2 point lead with 40 seconds left in the game and we play prevent defense imma stroke out and die.

3 Likes

stay hydrated dude. and know that we are all on your side.

3 Likes

I think we’ll have a legit top 15 offense IF the OL/Goff stay healthy.

I think what’s really gonna determine how we do is how improved is the defense? Will those 2nd year guys step up? will Charles Harris continue where he left off last year? Will key additions of Elliot and Board improve the back 7? Will Hutch be the guy we hope he’ll be from the get go? Will we be able to actually stop the run with McNeil and a bunch of undersized DTs and an unproven LB core? Can our CBs stay relatively healthy and will the real Okudah please stand up? That’s just to name a few.

Lots of questions to be answered.

2 Likes

Respect to you talking shit to your boss despite us losing 44-6 last year to Philly, that takes serious balls!

2 Likes

I won’t stand for my Lions being disrespected. Last year the Eagles disrespected us and I need my pound of flesh.

3 Likes

That is my biggest concern going into the season. DT’s and linebacker play to stop the run. If we can’t stop the run, it’s going to be another long season. Huge improvements by Levi, Alim and Barnes are needed for this defense to turn a corner.

2 Likes

True…also…who cares? We play one of the best teams on the schedule week 1. No biggie.
We’re gonna start a big slow. 4-4, or so…then THROTTLE the second half of our schedule.

1 Like

Lions fan slogan since 1958

2 Likes

My biggest concern? Four pre-season games…

1 Like

If you only like happy endings, stick to movies. 32 teams, 1 winner.

1 Like