My Cabinda dilemna

ONE 6th round pick for a TE that can play FB would not be a waste.

Cabinda isn’t either. Dude has frying pan hands.

Which begs the question how did a guy who was a LB not only get the job but is scheduled to make $2.5 million this season?

1 Like

Actually, it isn’t, $2.5 makes him the 5th highest paid FB in the league.

I really can’t answer that, he was injured for half the season, maybe they were planning to try to use him more before the injury is about all I can come up.

I think FB has value. In this offense and at times he provided a boost.

However his availability just isn’t enough value to bring him back. Go get a FB who brings more value and versatility.

1 Like

Actually it is. “Special Teamers only” make 2mil.

He does that and offensive packages.

Y’all love Dan Campbell

And this is one of his favorite dudes.

That’s enough for me

Yes, they’re known as kickers and punters. Look, in 4 years with the Lions he has 18 tackles, 5 running attempts in 42 games for 27 yards, 7 receptions in 14 targets for 29 yards and 1 TD. Those numbers are past pathetic.

1 Like

I know DC likes him - I think he was probably one of the early “grit” players and DC needed him. Since the team has near unanimous buy-in and improving talent I just think he needs to bring more to the table. Either that or they need to increase the number of plays they use him. But I still think the position would be fairly easy to upgrade.

He was just re-signed. This conversation is reminiscent of those about Raymond. There is a role for Cabinda on offense and special teams that Holmes thought enough of to pay him for it.

If they waive him there is zero chance another team picks him up. At that point you can bring him back and put him on the PS if he is that key.

Oh come on, what a load, this is NOTHING like the Raymond conversation. And whats funny is you are about to pay him the same as Raymond makes. In what world do these 2 bring equal talent to our team?

1 Like

I am sure you are right about Cabinda - I just don’t get it. Raymond is a completely different situation in my opinion. Raymond adds way more value - JMO

2 Likes

It is exactly like Raymond in that Holmes signs the guys the same year to similar contracts and posters struggle to see the value. The value is proven by virtue of the contract, but we still don’t get it. Buddy began the transition to FB in 2019 and he’s still being called a LB?

I never struggled to see the value in Raymonds contract. I do struggle to see the value in Cabinda’s.

2 Likes

Oh I’m sorry, I “struggle” to see the value of the Brockers contract too. You are way, way off base here. Go back and look at his 2021 numbers and then explain how they warranted that contract. He’s the 17th highest paid player on the team, there is no “there” there.

Josh Woods is the best special teams player that Bill Bilichick would face this year… Holmes values Cabinda’s contributions even more.

That’s your there. Like Raymond, there is significant ST value.

Where is your link to how Holmes values him more than Josh Woods?

:rofl: