My mock draft for Harbaugh/Chargers

Based off what I think Harbaugh wants to do and no knowledge of their roster.
What I found interesting was Detroit’s picks in this mock
They offered LA Chargers their second and third round pick plus a 2025 5th for #37. I rejected it.
Lions took Lassiter in round one and most surprising Joe Milton in the later rounds.

My charger picks
5. Marvin Harrison Jr.WR Ohio State
-37. Christian HaynesOG UConn
-69. Christian MahoganeyOG Boston College
-105. Mike SainristilCB Michigan-110. Audric EstimeRB Notre Dame
-140. Masson Smith DT LSU
-181. Khristian BoydDT Nothern Iowa
-225. Charles TurnerOC LSU
-253. Daijun EdwardsRB Georgia

We are supposed to take Mahogany in the 3rd so i dont like them taking him a few spots before us… but Harbaugh would love him. Ive cooled of on Christian Haynes after more review. Id rather have Mahogany regardless of where drafted.

But to be honest it is a simulator mock with bad player rankings. Mikey Sainristil is most likely a top 50 pick. MH jr will never be there at 5 unless qbs go 1-4.

I think Jim takes Mikey Sainristil at 37. He LOVES Mikey that much

2 Likes

I was surprised at MH jr being there, I believe 3 qb’s went and then LSU’s Nabers went in the top four. Regardless of the ranking, based on yesterday’s trade of Allen I put WR at 5, it was just a matter of which one. I was leaning the kid from Washington.

2 Likes

I’ll be shocked if Harrison is there at 5 but he’s definitely getting one of the top 3 wrs in the draft. You know the Chargers are going to be fun to watch. Not a big fan of Harbaugh the person but damn he’s a good coach.

Yeah i wouldnt be shocked if Jim took Odunze over Nabers due to his ultra high character. Not that i know anything bad about Nabers character.

Cards are taken Harrison. Blake Corum is going to be charger.

He also had to gameplan for Odunze and got an upfront and personal look at him.

The current Chargers WR room makes ours from a few years ago look elite, and ours sucked.

I don’t think that Mike Sainristi will be available in the 4th.

I would be a little surprised if they don’t take a TE somewhere in the draft. Greg Roman is their OC and he loves his TEs.

As far as their first round pick? I still don’t see MHJ falling past the Cardinals. I think they go Joe Alt.

Poor Herbert. They need multiple WR. What a wasted QB talent.

I’m aware that many of the selections won’t be, aren’t realistic, yet, simulator gives what simulator gives.

I agree on the TE, they did sign one this week. I almost went with AJ Barner in the later rounds as he was the one TE I know about. Additionally, I think Barner could be sneaky good, will definitely be a good blocker and was a better pass catcher than I expected.

I know Harbaugh loves the lines so over focused on OL and DL with the aging mack and injury proned Bosa. Just some fun this am.

I think Harbaugh will use him very effectively, lots of play action and an arm that has to be defended. Curious to see if the TCU WR they drafted last year steps forward.

Harbaugh has an advantage for the next couple years when it comes to the draft. He knows these college athletes better than most GM’s. He has recruited them, sat in their living rooms (climbed trees with their little siblings), knows their families and knows their personal makeup. It won’t last long, but he has an edge for the time being.

So just for fun I went ahead and did a Chargers draft. This is how mine turned out.

5.NFL-team-logo

Joe Alt OT Notre Dame

37.NFL-team-logo

Ladd McConkey WR Georgia

69.NFL-team-logo

Braden Fiske DT Florida State

105.NFL-team-logo

Khyree Jackson CB Oregon

110.NFL-team-logo

Jaylen Wright RB Tennessee

140.NFL-team-logo

Zak Zinter OG Michigan