My out of the box first round pick

Brian Thomas—WR LSU. 6-4, 4.33 40 yard.

2023 stats: 13 G, 68 REC, 1,177 YDS (17.3 AVG), 17 TD

Like I said out of the box.

1 Like

Before the combine there were a lot of us interested over in the draft thread. Especially since we’ve met with him.

Since the combine it seems highly unlikely he’ll fall to us. Will require a trade up.

1 Like

I’ve completely revised my draft. I see a OL in the 1st round followed by a CB in the 2nd.

2 Likes

On the WR note, good heavens would Marvin Harrison Jr look good in a Lions uniform. I know it won’t happen, but whew what a way to fill one of our biggest needs.

I’m not even sure I would think this is out of the box at this point. Would not surprise me at all!

2 Likes

I would definitely be a fan

2 Likes

So my “darkhorse”/“out of the box” pick for 29 is Michael Hall Jr. With the addition of Reader I feel like DT in the first round is now out-of-the-box. And I haven’t seen anybody say he was going this high. With Reader/McNeill/Martin backing up we have essentially three nose tackles, and I think the plan is for Alim to slide over to 3 tech. This is where I think a rotational 3 tech could help. Sure, it might be a luxury but I also think Hall is one hell of a player who I think is very underrated currently. He is undersized but paired with who we got he’d be great. We might even be able to trade down a little and still get him.

Do you think he’s a culture fit though? He definitely checks the injury questions box for our front office, but I don’t think he has the mentality we look for.

Maybe he does, I just don’t know.

Plus there’s the obvious question of “what weight does he actually play at”.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the reason you don’t hear a lot about him on here imo. He’s got some character red flags that most don’t think Brad will be alright with.

1 Like

I feel like Michael Hall is Alim McNeill, just about 30 pounds lighter (at least on gameday) with slightly more twitch and character concerns.

1 Like

I can’t speak to character concerns and was unaware that he had any problems. I liked him last season though and thought he had a great Senior Bowl week.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.