Name your top 2 or 3 draft moves and why

I didn’t say that. I said when he was talking about players he would have taken instead of pascal he specifically mentioned Joseph. He has wanted brisker for Detroit for a while and mocked him several times at 32. He was just using Joseph as an example of why he would have taken.

1 Like

purely going off of his talent, I wold hope our coaches can shore some of that up.
if not …upgrade if you can.
He’s the only threat out of all of our RBs though, so I’m hesitant to let him go.

1 Like
2 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/1412BqDjyfj2jD4v9

You beat me to the same gif lol

Not to get too far off topic… If this former D-Back goes thru the fumble drills like all RB’s do and corrects this problem, WATCH OUT. He’s going to be a good one! Watch his massive improvement LY just in the return game. He’s turned into a aggressive tough runner that is hard to bring down. He has some quicks too! I will not be surprised if he takes over as RB#2 by late season.

1 Like

I think the Lions want to do the platoon approach with RB and DB. Too much banging in those piles to count on one or even two guys to carry the rock or stop it. If you look at the Rams last year, they were down to their 5th string safety again and their 4th string RB (as were we). Depth is crucial and better to spend resources on 4 good players than 1 or 2 special talents.

The Rams have been drafting a RB every single year and they’ve needed all of them.

2 Likes
  1. Building a strong DL for the first time in ages. It’s easily the most important part of a great defense in today’s NFL and, selfishly, makes games fun to watch. Huge turnaround from Matt “QB pressure doesn’t really matter” Patricia’s absurdly stupid defensive mindset. I wanted Thibodeaux because he has speed off the snap that you can’t teach and that Hutchinson just doesn’t have, but I think Hutchinson will be solid. I don’t doubt for a second that this kid is teachable and will add more moves to his arsenal. I’m a bit hesitant about Paschal simply because of how terrible the Lions have been drafting in the 2nd round (yes, Holmes as well) but hopefully he becomes a great player.

2. I’m a sucker for flashy players and this team desperately needed a star WR with top-end speed. When they traded up to 12 I was so hyped because I knew it was for Jamison Williams, and when his name was called jumped off my couch in celebration.

This kid is the real deal. Top speed, shifty, gets separation. Im not kidding when I say he is a potential Hall of Fame player. If he comes back fully from his ACL injury, watch out.

3 Likes

plus he’s a terrible blocker

1 Like

What do you think of the trade down from #181 to 188?

I really love Malcolm Rodriguez now that I’ve turned my attention to him. Another LB Darrien Beavers who has traits but less instincts was taken at 182. Maybe Brad had them rated equally and I understand the concept of risk and value in poker fairly well, but I’m thrilled Rodriguez lasted 7 more picks. Was getting Chase Lucas worth the risk?

We’ll see…

2 Likes

Love Hutch’s measurables and production. There’s a big time correlation between the 3 cone and pass rush production in the NFL. Didn’t Hutch have the best 3 cone for all the edge players this year?

Count me as a fan of Paschal. I’d predict he’ll play at 280 and be used more on the inside. Glenn gave a ton of snaps to Bryant, Okwara, and Harris last year as inside pass rushers last year. Paschal looks like he should be productive from that spot.

I watched a little bit of UGA vs Kentucky last night on Youtube and Paschal played a really good first half. He knocked the ball out of the qbs hand on a pass rush from the inside, made some good plays in the running game, and looked like he demanded some extra attention from the Georgia o-line.

He made a much bigger impact against Georgia than Hutch did. At one point, the announcer–Danielson–compared Paschal to Donald. He, of course, qualified that because Donald may be the best of all time, but, still, Paschal was really disruptive.

1 Like

Holmes having the foresight to be the first to fleece the new analytics smartest guy in the room GM in minne. LOL Bless you Brad, you scoundrel.

1 Like

Detroit passed on Randy Moss in 1998 and Minny took him with the next pick.

Hopefully this will be seen as Minny returning the favor.

4 Likes

We took a short corner who experts main talking point about him was “he’s a good return guy.” That’s never a good sign. See Justin Gilbert.

…and Rodriquez’ teammate was drafted a few picks later. He probably had a few rated similarly. Under the radar move that could work out. Probably moot, since we’re talking about 6/7 round players, but i still like it.

1 Like

I’d love that. Think he’s a solid utility guy/gadget.

Good point

Yup - I’d love to get some more dangerous ppl in the RB room

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Loved this post → Completely agree. Love that they are spending money on DL…Still want more. I’m all about drafting the next Suh/Donald, if one comes up…even now.

1. We found our future right and left defensive ends in Hutchinson and Paschal.

2. Joesph could challenge at free safety.

3. Found athletic linebackers later in the draft.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.