Nate Davis USA Today predicts Lions to be 7-9

If you haven’t heard of this guy, I believe Nate Davis is the guy who has correctly predicted the Lions record for the last 2 straight years.

Here’s a clip from last years article:

Nate Davis, who writes for USA Today, releases his NFL record predictions every year. This year, he says the Lions will have a 3-13 record, which will be tied for the worst record in the league and worse than the 2018 record.

“Difficult to envision coach Matt Patricia improving on his 6-10 debut. Four of their eight home dates come against 2018 playoff outfits — a figure that doesn’t include the Packers or Vikings,” he writes. "Two West Coast trips in season’s first half unlikely to help, either.
Last season, he predicted the Lions would go 6-10, which they eventually did.

This is what he says for this year:

Detroit Lions (7-9): They were quietly competitive in 2019 prior to the season-ending back injury to QB Matthew Stafford, who was in the midst of a career year. Rookies Jeff Okudah and D’Andre Swift should provide a bump for a team that was also active in free agency at a time when the jobs of GM Bob Quinn and coach Matt Patricia appear to be on the line. Might be a rocky start with just one home game apiece in September and October.

1 Like

He also ranked them #4 overall in week 5 of the season after predicting them to go 3-13… He’s just another guy who throws shit against the wall. Predicting the Lions will suck? Really sticking his neck out :joy:

10 Likes

Honestly guys, it is easy to be a national person or a fan of another team and assuming we are going to suck year in and year out. There are too many variables that are moving around to predict success until we actually start being successful consistently. Packers and Vikings are consistent year in and year out so it’s easy to say 10-9 wins. Bears have one great year over last 5-6 and they are in the same boat as us…until proven otherwise we are a 7-6 win squad.

Seems pretty reasonable. If Stafford stays healthy I could see us getting to 7 wins.

I can see anywhere between 0 and 12 wins. Maybe even 14.

Morning meds are cool…

2 Likes

IF we can’t get ten, we’re a joke ESPECIALLY if our defense is better !

Oh joy! Another year of Suck, but wait!

It’s New and Improved Lions! With 40% less Suck AND just enough talent to keep your heart beating on their palms all the way to December 18th, when they will tear it to shreds.

Again.

Nate Davis: the “Chad” of two names

it’s ok , I’m a lifer, I’ve seen that re-run before. all I’m saying is IF they can’t get 10 wins, it was a failed season.