National Beer Lover's Day

I wish i could stop drinking alcohol. Its a bad habit and ive tried a ton of times. Its my drug

M43 is the shit.

My favorite local to me is a Lime Gose from One Well Brewing in Kzoo.

Hot weather sour beer just is crisp and tangy and youve had 2 before you even realize you might be there awhile.

Bells does a great job of taproom only releases that are funky cool stuff.

TBH there are a couple local breweries that we go to often and dont think a lot of their beer, but the food is unchained and the hang/vibe/facility is just easy to sit outside w your dog and have a beer in the sun…(Paw Paw Brewing) or is swanky (Latitude 42)

3 Likes

Anchor Steam Porter

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve been to Huntsville, probably 6-7yrs now, town was just starting the growth trend back then. I know AL gets a lot of jokes but some great places to live in that state.

3 Likes

The one brewery I want to go to in MI, top of the list, is Homes in AA. Trade for their beer often and their Smooj label does some crazy stuff, not beer not cider but man its stupid.

On a related note for all beer lovers. Dec 10 in Athens, GA we will be doing our third annual beer share at a buddies brewery. They shut down early and beer comes out, last year about 40people from all over the US and $3-4,000 in beer on the bar.
Had Utopia for the first time last year, and damn what a beer.
Come on down.

Great topic!

Oberon is very hard to beat in the summer as a beach beer. Dortmunder Gold from Great Lakes and Yuengling as well.

Give me a good bourbon barreled stout in the Fall/Winter.

Lately, I’ve been enjoying some nice IPA’s.

Beer is good for the soul :laughing:.

3 Likes

Now you’re talking, I can do those year round!
Currently have 30bottles in the beer fridge all BA stouts from all over 1-3yrs old.

These are the beers that dominate the Dec share. Which means you pick the one you really want to try early because after 20 2-4oz pours of 11%+ beers you won’t remember the last 10 or more that you had.

1 Like

A friend of mines aunt, Ruthie’s is the #1 Iowa made beer in the state. She used to pour pints on her breasts and then serve them. The article doesn’t give her personal history so much, she was married 16x and was once married to 3 men at the same time. The judge knew her, was a patron, and let her off the bigamy charge noting that she was trying to get divorced from 2 of the men at the time. The family is in a dispute over her likeness, my buddy was executor of her estate but they are suing Exile, which is also owned by other family members. It’s a shit show. Anyway, great article…

Some more background, married 16x to 9 different men.

3 Likes

^^^^

Cool story !

Bells Two Hearted if I feel like an IPA with dinner. Three Floyds Zombie Dust and Sierra Nevada PA are right there too.

And most light beer out of a bottle on a hot day is good with me.

1 Like

Blue Moon or Oberon in the Summer then Molsen Canadian once fall and Hockey season come around.

1 Like

Two Hearted has been my go to beer for about a decade. I do try to branch out and sample new brews, but a Two Hearted has never left me wishing I picked something else.

I’m also a fan of red ales. Brewery Vivant used to make a hoppier red ale called Big Red Coq, but I haven’t seen it at my local store for a while. It is similar to Founders Red Rye if you need something for comparison.

1 Like

Angry orchard with a shot of Jack Daniels fire. I’m also a big fan of landshark and blue moon.

2 Likes