National Signing Day/Transfer Portal

This would be huge for Nebraska.

https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247/status/1734349278787891565

When is ESD? Is it this Wednesday or next?

I’m also in a good mood today from the Ryan Williams reclassification. ■■■■ Auburn.

Anyone else here big into recruiting?

Next

1 Like

Ok Nebraska

https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/1734590019887657199

Yep. And McCord supposedly. Whoops, you beat me to
It.

Julian Fleming is supposed to visit today. Trevor Ettienne rumors were shut down by an On3 reporter but they are hoping to get Princely to visit since his younger bro is a freshman at Nebraska.

Clearly they got some big money boosters engaged. Rhule, the son of an Evangelical pastor, enforcing booster tithing.

1 Like

The transfer portal with NIL is to college football what FA has been to the NFL. It allows for quick turn arounds. Don’t get me wrong, quick turn arounds among the haves.

2 Likes

I heard McCord’s dad was a pain in the ass for years at OSU so whatever. Maybe he needed to transfer.

Dom’s kid is all over the place. Sheesh.

1 Like

Nebraska has always been a good fit for Raiola, but man does it come with a lot of pressure and expectations for him.

Rumor is that once it got out that OSU was going to be fishing in the QB transfer waters, McCord and his dad sat down with Day and asked for assurances that he would be starting. Day let him know that he’d have to compete but he’d be given the opportunity to win the job. Kyle and his dad weren’t having that.

What’s weird is McCord will still have to compete if Raiola does sign with Nebraska.

It would be weird if Raiola flips to Nebraska, if he has any designs on turning pro, which, duh, he should.

I think Raiola would be redshirting even if not technically doing so. Then he would take the reins in 2025.

I actually think they are very close to having a really solid pass game infrastructure. I like their young WRs and OL talent. Donovan Raiola did a much better job coaching the OL. They still need a RB and probably one or two more veteran WRs but the main issue with the offense was abysmal, turnover prone QB play.

1 Like

If he’s ok with that. If it’s true he’s having second thoughts about Georgia due to Beck returning, I would think he’s going to want a legitimate shot at starting if he goes to Nebraska. Of course any NIL deal will play a huge role in all of this.

Is that the why? All I heard was that something happened during his recent visit to Athens. Something that turned him and his family off.

But Dylan Raiola signing with Nebraska is like Julia Roberts marrying Lyle Lovett. He could do so much better.

1 Like

Yes and no. If he does develop into a superstar at Nebraska he’ll be a legend in that state far beyond what he would be at virtually any other state school. It really depends on what level of confidence he has in himself and in Rhule and his staff.

But if he were to excel and get Nebraska into the extended playoff during his time there he’s basically become Elvis in that state. And I don’t mean Grbac.

1 Like

At this point a player commits but next year even with a ton of playing time could just transfer

True Dat. My brother lives in Falls City, Nebraska, and I have an AA friend who grew up cheering for Big Red and the Lions despite being born in Lousiana. My brother still wants pay back for sharing the National Championship with Nebraska in 1997–with the aid of a 5th down–but my AA is all in on the Disasta in Nebraska. If Dylan plays there, he’ll be unbearable…

McCord is a no go. Sounds like he again wanted assurances he would start which is fair given the DR development.