NBC's Mike Tirico Angers Lions Fans After Detroit Beats Chiefs In NFL Opener

Uh… I think he probably pissed off some Seahawks fans too. See you in 10 days boys…

Tirico is low. From SI:

NBC commentator Mike Tirico attempted to dampen the mood of elated Lions fans by stating the win had an “asterisk,” due to the absence of multiple key Chiefs players, including Chris Jones and Travis Kelce.

Source: https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/mike-tirico-says-lions-win-has-asterisk

Again I would much rather be 1-0 with an asterisk than 0-1 without one. But this guy needs to shut up.

10 Likes

I hope we get 19 wins by way of asterisk…As long as we get wins I don’t care anymore.

2 Likes

“Asterisk” the type of motivation fuel we need IF we were to ever meet the Chiefs again. Thank you Tirico

4 Likes

Isnt he from metro detroit? Hes trying to keep the chip on the lions and fan’s shoulder! Hes doing his part!

3 Likes

I didn’t get to see the Chiefs raise their Super Bowl banner. Did they have an asterisk noting that they beat a team that got to the Bowl by winning over a team without a quarterback?
How far can you carry asterisks Tirico?

5 Likes

I remember hearing people say the Pistons’ 2004 championship needed an asterisk because Karl Malone was hurt early in the series. You know, because it’s not the Lakers’ own fault for putting an old man in the starting lineup and expecting him to keep pace with Rasheed Wallace in his prime. The series was so lopsided that wouldn’t have mattered either way. Sheed also played through that whole postseason run with plantar fasciitis, but that never seems to get mentioned.

1 Like

He’s from Ann Arbor.

1 Like

this comment was from a Bears fan, he nailed it

I’m a Bears fan. What is frustrating when you have followed teams like the Lions and the Bears for so long is that these announcers are quick to start making excuses for the best teams when they lose but how many games have teams like the Lions and Bears lost in part because they have very little luck on the injury front and have multiple starters out. You don’t hear anything about that. The Lions played a great road game in a hostile environment against the defending champs. Stop trying to take that away from them.

10 Likes

Yes, he loves the Lions. Went to UM. Is on the horn with radio guys here all the time. He knew what he was doing. Just handed Dan some BB material and they probably had a laugh about it afterwards.

3 Likes

Oh, look! A mainstream media non sports rag trying to attract eyeballs and be relevant outside of their little bubble by doing what they do best, saying something negative in creating dissension.
iron man eye roll GIF

1 Like

Yes we complain when troy aikman is on the call when we play the cowboys. We need to acknowledge we had one of our own on last night’s coverage.

growing up hip hop news flash who gives a ■■■■ GIF by WE tv

4 Likes

Thought he went to Syracuse?

Super Bowl Football GIF by Storyful

This guy was sitting next to Collinsworth who kept pointing out the Chiefs cheating RT getting away with it, and has the balls to say that?
Stay away from Detroit. You won’t find it a friendly place.
The only reason the Chiefs ever scored is because the officials let Taylor get away with cheating the whole game!

1 Like

I didn’t take any offense.
I’m sure he didn’t want to sound like a homer.

2 Likes

I think you mean 20…unless you are tolerating at least one loss :innocent:

1 Like

Mike Tirico has had a asterisk by his name his whole life. What a dip shit.

1 Like