NBC's Mike Tirico Angers Lions Fans After Detroit Beats Chiefs In NFL Opener

Meh. It was a big storyline and he didn’t mean it literally. The cameras were on Kelce all night. Seems like a fair comment to me.

It was a stupid comment. Period.

Every NFL team deals with injuries, and players missing games because of other issues.

By Tiricos reasoning, KC staying that close on the scoreboard should have an asterisk, because we didn’t have Jamo.

Just a dumb statement, and he should be called out … as he is.

1 Like

The 4 time All Pro?

Not sure why I’m responding to troll material, but of course I will. Your Chiefs took the L. Live with it.

Lions were without one of the fastest WR’s in the league, who is essential for making the rest of offense work, who’s not playing due to a questionable gambling suspension. He was not ‘All Pro’ four times in his rookie season last year.

Hopefully you now have a clear understanding of the player we are speaking of.

I’m a Lions fan.

The Lions lost a decoy, with a lot of potential, who was suspended by the league and the announcers didn’t bring the loss of him up.

The Chiefs lost a superstar to injury the day before game who had 110 catches for 1338 yards and 12 TDs in 2022 and is a sure fire Hall of Famer.

The problem I have is that this whole thing started because a bunch of click bait journalists decided to lift a few words out of his entire statement.

Tirico said the Lions were for real. Yet everyone wants to attack him because how dare he downplay a big win for long suffering Lions fans.

I really like Tirico, think he’s a class guy and great announcer. Yes, his comments were a little deflating (even if they did have a kernel of truth to them). But, couldn’t have journalists decided to lift the portion of him saying “the team in blue and silver is for real” instead of the asterisk comment? Nope, that doesn’t sell clicks.

Dumb for him to say but I was reading the same comment in The Den before the game started. Something about it would be a hollow victory and if you want to be the best you gotta beat the best. I’m sure they’ve been quiet but will spring up again when the Lions inevitably lose a game they should’ve won.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.