New Den Member.. and Woah!

Welcome.

I can’t say I disagree with any of this.

But I honestly hadn’t noticed a lot of buzz for Willis in here. A couple of posters. I think most understand that reaching for a QB is bad.

What I will say is they should take a QB if there is one worthy of that #2 selection. Not that I think Willis is that guy (or any other QB this year).

1 Like

1 Like

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

4 Likes

home video zing GIF

1 Like

All of that being said (and after reading through several threads), I couldn’t be more disappointed with seemingly 75+% of this group’s predictions/hopes for this upcoming FA period and draft. It seems many of you haven’t an ounce of an understanding of how to rebuild an organization. Maybe you should follow the Red Wings forums and take notes from Stevie Y.

We are so lucky to have a Super Bowl Winning GM who took a perennial bottom-dweller team to a championship on our board! This should clear up a lot of things moving forward. We can just cancel all of the threads moving forward, and simply have a Q and A with you to figure everything out! Thank you for gracing us with your presence… it is an honor.

/s

Honestly, your takes were good, and well-reasoned. But have a little humility. Some people on here have been watching the Lions (and pro football) for 60+ years. The board itself has been around (in some form or another) for literal decades. No need to come in here and declare yourself the king of knowledge. Everyone here wants similar success, they just see some different roads to get there.

With that aside, I very sincerely welcome you! It is always great to have another Den Member!

2 Likes

Binger6 in a Red Wings Jersey beginning his career in the LDL (Lions Den League)…Warning: Keep your head up at all times…Stay safe.

1 Like

In nfl
Roster turn over is great
Coaching staff turnover is also greet when having success.

The phrase rebuild seems thrown around to broadly as it presents like there’s a finished product when it’s really keep building. You don’t stop building

Plus to what is the end ?
Teams take time to get over hump

• when do you start counting the built time ?
    Contention for playoffs ? In playoffs ? Playoff wins ? A super bowl or bust ?

I think it can take time to instill a culture and get systems in place on same page.

2 Likes

Lol, like people here including you and I are perfectly civil and don’t say stuff to rock the boat.

@Binger6 welcome. Like your post. Fedorov is a GOAT. Think you make a lots of good points. Your gonna ruffle some egos, GOOD. :crazy_face::crazy_face:

Makes it more fun.

Love you, bro. I hope Fox doesn’t read this.

1 Like

You are making me worried that Fox is more

amazon fly GIF
than

Henry Cavill Superman GIF

1 Like

LOL

wait…he’s not Bald !

1 Like

There we go…. that looks more accurate.

The “QB competition” was won the day Bo Nix signed his letter of intent.

1 Like

Free agents should be signed to help you become a contender! Thats the Rams model anyway.

In 2016 we won 4 games.

In 2017 offseason we added Whitworth, Woods, Watkins, Barwin, Walker, Webester.

We made the playoffs in 2017. Obviously McVay helped as well but you still need the talent. So you can go from bottom feeder to contenders in a season or two if done correctly.

Its nice to build through the draft and it is necessary but it’s very difficult to field a full competing roster that way.

Welcome brother!

It seems you grasp what good teams do and then you blow it with the “and the Lions should do just the opposite”.

Spending big money in free agency is how teams get stuck in mediocrity.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.