New Map -- Pin Your Location!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmgkvIgc0w

I assumed you lived in Trav City Mouse…or is that where you are from?

It is pinned.

1 Like

Why Trav City ? Born and raised in southern mich. But I vacation there sometimes the Trav bay is cool in the summer and fall is great there

1 Like

Oh, I 100% hear that. I think Traverse City is probably the best there is in Michigan.

I grew up in Grand Rapids and when I got out of college in 1983 I wanted to find a job up there and live there in the worst way…but there just were not many jobs up there for a guy with a Computer Science degree. Bottom line then was you either own a hotel, resort, a gas station or a restaurant…or you worked at one. Really hasn’t changed much although the wine scene has exploded. Still not a lot of computer jobs though. :frowning:

Our retirement home will be built in Cadillac but I still think TC area is the best in MI

I just assumed you lived there because of your screen name :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah there alot of resorts , we get a time share on the beach. Computer science for some reason I thought u were a lawyer. Not sure why , thought someone said it years ago. Seem like they could use computer science about anywhere today.

1 Like

Moved into consulting, first on computer systems and lately management consulting, usually around mergers and acquisitions, sorting out the personnel changes and systems mergers.

Problem is now there probably are some computer jobs up there but I am making way more than they would pay by living on airplanes every.week. Probably about 4 years and I hang it up and move up north for good.

Anyway, here is to a better 2020 for the team that kicks all of us fans in the nuts on a yearly basis!

Happy Holidays Mouse

3 Likes

Happy Holidays to u too bro. 2020 has to be better

2 Likes

6 Canadians? Has to be more right?

ok—how do i place a pin on my location—i am a PC bozo

Somewhere in the posts prior are the direction if I recall correctly…

I have been in IT for 38 years and I had to ask LOL

If you’re on a laptop, when you get to the map you should see a “pencil” symbol on the upper/right corner.

Click the pencil and it will open an editing menu. Click the top icon in that editing menu that pops up and then click on the map to drop the marker on your location. Make sure you hit save afterword or it won’t save your marker.

I’ll have to get on my phone to see how you do it from a cell phone. it should be the same process, but I’m not sure.

i am screweed–my pc won’t let me move the pencil at all—thanks for your input

1. Position the map over the general area you want it.

2. Click the pencil

3. Then click the flag:

4. Move the crosshairs to where you want the pin and click. It will place a marker there. Now you just need to give the space a name like 1954lionsfan and click Save

High speed shit here!! :heart::upside_down_face::+1:

Helps to enlarge the map over your area too.

TCmouse, I lived in the Traverse City area for a couple years myself. Yes it IS nice up there. I actually spent 20 years in the northwestern lower peninsula, Cadillac being one of, if not my favorite. You will enjoy your retirement up there.

Hello everybody.
Excuse me if my english is not perfect, i am from Graz in Austria.
Pinned my location an the Map.

6 Likes

I am from Austria and i was on vacation in Ypsilanti in 2008 and we traveled to Traverse City. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Cool! Welcome!

1 Like